We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papillon Belvil

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Braintree, Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Papillon Belvil

I have booked a week in Papillon Belvil, Belek in September and was wondering if anyone had been there and stayed in a bungalow at the resort. I would be very appreciative of any views and would also like to know of anything in the surrounding areas. While im on here could anyone enlighten me as to what currency i should take. Thanks for all replies in advance.

Northants
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Papillon Belvil

Hello How lucky are you This is a great hotel. We stayed in the gardens and it was lovely. The rooms are bigger in the hotel but I liked walking back through the gardens in the evenings and the balconies are reasonably private and quite shady which sounds bad but when its up to 39 degrees in June its a welcome relief to have a coolroom, although they have personal control ac. There is one exception though and that is one large block right at the back of the hotel which you access via a downhill slope. Its almost as if this block was an afterthought or was going to be used by staff. I cant remeber the room numbers(3500 ish I think) but there is a post on here from someone in cambridge (who we met over there in June) they were put in this block and were not happy and they have listed the room numbers in their posting. Either Lire or Euros are fine. Everything is priced in Euro and if our rate for Euro was better I would suggest that but as its dreadful Its defintaly better to take Lire. Do not take US Dollar. The transfer rate for that is awful ( I mention that as all the Russians have US Dollars.) Hope that helps

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Papillon Belvil

Got back from the Papillion 1st week of june and had a great time, food fab, entertainment is great, sits right on the beach, so you have got everything.Take plenty of sun cream, you will need it, weather was very hot and its very exspensive if you run out about £15.00 a bottle.You spend no money there because everything is in all drinks, so much food!!! You need euro's, everything is euro's.The rooms that that they are talking about, they gave us when we got there they are near the staff quarters near a farm area, they are i think 3000 ish. If you get them tell them you don't want them they are horrid.We moved straight away no hassel, i think they use them like over flow until they have had people check out. We had 607 and our friends have 608 they where great bungalows with a patio.All the resturants are lovely.I Am sure you will love it we did , ENJOY.

Braintree, Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papillon Belvil

thank you both for your views much appreciated i dont like the sound of these farm situated bungalows i dont want these and will be making sure that we get out of those if we get one. I do still have one problem! One of you said take lira and the other euros. I am taking it i will be needing whichever has the best exchange rate. I am taking my girlfriend here for a surprise holiday. She thinks we are going to cornwall!! Is this a suitable place for us to go for us i am 21 and my girlfriend will turn 20 3 days before we fly.

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Papillon Belvil

If you are wanting a purpose made complex area its great but there isn't really anywhere to go unless you want to get taxis from the hotel. We took lira,but we should have taken euros, but they all want euro all the shops etc are priced in euro. Don't forget you with need newish ten pound notes per person to get into turkey at Antayla Airport.The complex is lively, But not like ibiza !!

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Papillon Belvil

Its all about the exchange rate, i visit several times each year & either take £'s and exchange to lira in the bank or just use the atms. everything is priced in euros but its lira that benefits the buyer more

6. Re: Papillon Belvil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 04:18