We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic

First Time Visitor to Turkey

After many years of badgering from my 3 sisters and brother in laws have finally decided to join the ever growing band of Turkey enthusiasts

Am looking to take my wife and 2 daughters aged 17 and 12 on an AI 2 week break in August. Have done usual online research, and firstly thought that Lara Beach was for us , but now believe that there is not enough going on outside of the hotels and may become a little stir crazy by being stuck in hotel 24/7

Really like the sound of hotels in Belek ,and think that most may not be too far from town centre which means we could have a few nights out during our time there

Could any one please recommend a suitable hotel and also give me an idea of what we can expect from Belek

main resort

Any feedback would be most appreciated

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,396 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

Hi Smithy

My husband needed alot of persuading to try Turkey about 11 years ago but now we go 2/3 times a year. We try other places in the carribean but then always end up back in turkey! We went for xmas /new year and are off tomorrow to the Cornelia deluxe in belek for 2 weeks!We went to Belek about 6 years ago but lots of new hotels have sprung up!

There is so much to do in these 5 star hotels that it is hard to leave, believe me you will not get bored! The beach stretches for miles!

Lara beach is good if you like to chill out and is handy for visiting the surrounding areas, we have been 5 times and we are already booked for next easter!There are lots of new shopping malls there and they have just opened a large Disco there! It has a stretch of 5 star luxury hotels!

From Belek you can visit Side which is lovely to and has more historical interest and a nice harbour, and is more bustling than Belek!

One hotel you might like to look look at is the Royal Dragon in Thomas Cook brochure or on line. It is in Colakli near Side, it is getting fantastic reviews on the holidaycheck site and I have it ear marked for summer next year! If you have any kids in your party it is a kids paradise with large water park and funfair. It has a lovely new promanade in Colakli and there and shops in walking distance! I have read there are some small towns in walking distance to!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

Hi Smithy

Toady is right; you will find it hard to get bored with all the facilities that are on offer in your hotel complex (your kids will not want to leave.) There are some new shops and a disco on the opposite side of the road to the 5* hotels. I’m off the Lara Beach and plan to do some Historical site seeing and go shopping in Antalya Town but I know I will struggle to drag myself away from the hotel grounds.

Lara Beach is a 15 minute drive from the airport and 30 a minute drive into Antalya town centre which is closer than Belek. Many of the hotels in Lara have a free shuttle bus service into Antalya Town or you can catch the local bus from outside your hotel.

Another resort that has more to offer than Belek and Lara is SIDE. I will let you compare.

worldtravelguide.net/beach_resort/…Side.html

worldtravelguide.net/beach_resort/…Belek.html

Please pay particular attention to the Belek site -Beyond the beach.

Best Wishes!

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

Hi Benji

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Have looked at the 2 sites for which you sent links, and think that as you advised i may need to change my priorities

I still like the sound of the hotels in Belek , particularly the Cornelia Deluxe and Diamond and also the Susesi.Toady mentions that it is possible to visit Side from Belek , how far apart are they and what is the best means of travel if we were to go for a night

Have never looked into a resort or holiday as much as this year and at the moment my mind is completely mashed as there seems to be so much choice and variety

West Midlands
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

Hi Smithy

It sounds to me as if you have your heart set on beautiful Belek!

Your only problem now is choosing your hotel! To be honest I don’t think you can go wrong with the Cornelia Deluxe, Diamond or the Susesi; I wouldn’t want to be the one that had to choose between these hotels, I would leave this to the toss of a coin.

Belek to Side takes about 30mins it’s roughly 20 miles. I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine that there is a local bus service that runs daily between the two resorts and if you’re really lucky your hotel may offer its own private bus service. As for transport at night it may be best to negotiate a price with a local Taxi or hire a car especially if you like getting out and about.

I’m sure that Toady will respond to this post and offer some sound advice, including information about Belek, transport into Side and useful hotel tips - but that’s if you don’t mind waiting a few days.

I’m 99% sure that you will be back next year! Enjoy your search!

Benji

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

You would have to get two buses to visit Side, one from Belek up to the D400 main road then one to Side. It would be a lot easier to hire a car or negotiate a price with a local taxi driver. Car hire would be the best & cheapest option.

6. Re: Posted on: yesterday, 23:18 Save

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 14:43