We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

Hi can anyone advise as to how easy it is to get the bus from Belek - Gloria Verde to Antalya ?

How much does it cost ? and if anyone no's where the bus stops it would be greatly appreciated !

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,110 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

Hi,

Recently returned from Cornelia Deluxe; we hired a car, as recommended by the Thomas Cook rep, for 26 Euros for the day & would definitely choose to do that again for the freedom. The car was an immaculate Fiat Punto; took delivery 10am one day & returned it at 10 am next day. We visited the stalagtite cave, Side & hubby wnet golfing early on the 2nd day.

The rep said that the Dolmus to Side is once a day & unreliable; dunno about Antalya.

Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

That sounds ideal - where did you get your car from ?

Was it easy to find your way around and was it easy to park in Antalya ?

Many Thanks

Melanie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,110 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

Hi,

Didn't get to Antalya this time, went in the opo direction to Side. Rep says it's relatively easy to park in Turkish towns....he said "park anywhere!"

The guy who came to us with the car speaks very little English but I speak a little German so we coped with a mixture (he needs to see the driving licence).

It's "Hazan Rent a Car" from nearby Kadriye but the guy who came to us is Arif Demiraslan +90 242 725 55 80.

I was wary & asked the rep if I had to photograph the car beforehand to prove that any bumps were there before we had it. He said that the cars are spotless & he was correct; no marks.

Arif came to the petrol station with us (as the cars always arrive with very little petrol) & asks where you intend to go, then he works out roughly what petrol you need, helps you fill up & you pay for the petrol.

We were surprised at how calm / quiet the roads are....but then we're used to seeing the rather erratic Egyptians scurrying around in very bent cars! No way would we drive over there!

May be worth your considering?

Regards

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

Antalya is a BIG city and although I have not driven there I would be hesitant to do so, not because of the traffic but to find my way. The next large town to your hotel is Serik only a few km away which has a bus station. I would assume there is a minibus that goes there and from Serik surely there would be a bus going to Antalya. The distance from Serik to Antalya would be 35 km. The cost would be negligible.

The main bus stop in Antalya is the Otogar and the new tram line AntRay goes from there to near Kalekapisi (clock tower square) which is in fact the city center and the gate to the historical old part of town Kaleiçi.

Make sure to ask and verify with your hotel concierge.

Here is map of the city:

living-turkey.com/living_in_antalya/photos/a…

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

You can get a bus direct from Belek to Antalya, the bus stops at the roundabout at the entrance to belek.(the junction linking the roads to belek,kadriye & serik.)

They run every hour until around 19.00.

I would suggest you hire a car through cizgi car rental, you can go on their website and make the arrangements before you go or call into the local office in Belek.

Driving around the Belek area & to either Side or Antalya is very easy, it's basically one main road from Antalya to Side passing Belek.

6. Re: Bus from Belek to Antalya for a day trip ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 07:35