We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cornelia de luxe first impressions

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
cornelia de luxe first impressions

Just a few things which people may find useful. The hotel is fantastic, we are in the swim up suites, not all of the ground floor rooms have direct pools, we have a little garden area if you want direct pools try to avoid rooms 2104 to 2109. The air conditioning is not as efficient as it could be, ours is set at 10 and the bathrooms are not airconditioned and are like saunas! I wish I had brought my hairdryer as it is very hot drying it in the bathroom you have to keep the sliding doors shut to keep the bedroom cool. room service (which we havent used does not include alcoholic drinks but there are tow beers in the mini safe.We have had no problems booking the a la carte for two nights although it is restricted to 4 nights a week. The pools are great, food good, staff amazing.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,878 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cornelia de luxe first impressions

Hi Honeyham,

Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

Have you reported your air con to Guest Services??

Once you go over your quota you get a you are blocked message saying you have had your allocation for that week!! We had unlimited at easter until the last couple of days!The hairdryers are pretty poor to if you have thick hair like mine, that was the one thing I wished I had taken!

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cornelia de luxe first impressions

Hotel sounds great so which numbers would you recommend in the swimups that are sunny all day.

Have you viewed any of the main hotel rooms or are the swim ups better.We are going in October so all advice really apprieciated.

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cornelia de luxe first impressions

none of the rooms are sunny all day but most have balconies straight onto the pool but nos 2101-2109 have a garden area and are not directly into the pool. There are loungers in front of the gardens but there are ofter towels out all day and we have never seen anyone on them. Cant comment on main hotel rooms but we use the main pools. It is very quiet around the suites, a bit more going on in the main pool areas. Also lunch is available at the other pools. It is nice having breakfast by the suites as it is quiet and we enjoy sitting by the water.Soi far we have managed to book 4 a-la cartes, our favourite was the Hedera(mediterranean) There is a gala night tonight so all the restaurants are closed. The buffet is fine, the salad starters much better than the main courses. So far I would say the cornelia has exceeded our expectations. Any more questions, just ask

4. Re: cornelia de luxe first impressions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:18