We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Reading , England.
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

I will be booking accomadation at the Grida Village in September and would like to find out how easy will it be to get to Antalya old town. Doe,s the Dolmus go from the Belek area to the old town or would i need a taxi.

I stayed in the Marina Residence in the old town about 4 years ago and would love to visit again as it is a lovely place to walk around.

How long would the journey be and how much approx. I figure its a little over 20 miles from the Grida Village.

I hope someone can help me with my mission.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

There is no direct dolmus from Belek to Antalya but you could take a taxi to the main road by Serik and then hop on the big bus that goes down that road every half-hour to Antalya but that would take you to the Antalya Otogar (bus station) and then you would have to take another dolmus into the Kaleici area - could be very time consuming and costly too - - taxis from Belek are renowned to be very expensive as they are linked to the big plush Belek hotels and other local taxis (eg from Side) have been banned there.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

You can get a direct bus from both Belek & Kadriye into Antalya, they run every hour until around 19.00-20.00 each day

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Hi Adrian,

I thought that to ,and was hoping you would answer this question.

Also the tour operators would have had trips to Antalya!

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Thanks Adrian - İ was obviously mistaken that there was no dolmus between Belek and Antalya .... but where exactly do they run from in Belek please? As you know - the hotels are a good 10 to 15 minute walk apart from one another - so it would depend whether the dolmus would be feasible for any visitor to the plush Belek hotels really and a private transfer would be a lot easier and less stressful probably for any visitor with limited time on their hands for their holiday to Belek.

You would also have to weigh up whether the traveller would wish to go on the set tours to Antalya from Belek - normally only going set places - stop at jewellery factory for an hour or so - possibly also a leather factory - possibly also a Turkish carpet factory. Those stops - as you probably klnow - are obligatory on the set tours from both Belek Antalya and Side - as the factory outlets pay for the petrol of the coaches for the day out.

We have had a lot of complaints in Side as a result of this and İ must always explain why the coaches make these stops.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

You can get a bus direct from Belek to Antalya, the bus stops at the roundabout at the entrance to belek.(the junction linking the roads to belek,kadriye & serik.)

It also stops outside the bank in Kadriye.

They run every hour until around 19.00.

I would suggest you hire a car through cizgi car rental, you can go on their website and make the arrangements before you go or call into the local office in Belek.

Driving around the Belek area & to either Side or Antalya is very easy, it's basically one main road from Antalya to Side passing Belek.

As the previous post mentioned I would be unhappy to book a trip with a local rep as they always stop off at the carpet factory

If you require I can supply the phone number of a taxi driver who speaks english and charges everyone the same prices.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Adrian - Excellent information - which İ did not know before and İ am just up the road from Belek - thank you for this posting...

Belek
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Exactly, it is pretty easy to go from Belek to Antalya.

First - there is the bus service - it goes from the hotels round 10 and leaves Antalya around 16. the price is 7 dollar return trip. Also you can get from Grida village till the sign "Belek City Center" - even on foot it will be round 10 min. and from the bust stop you may catch the bus to Antalya.(every hour) It must be written - Antalya. Meydan. the fare is 4 TL one way - aprox 2 euro. The bust leaves from Belek Beach Park at sharp hour, it means about 3-5-7 min of the hour it must be at the bus stop.When you come to Meydan in Antalya. you have just to go up the road to the main one, turn left and you will see the busstop - from there you can go wherever you want. just check the signs on the buses. Also you can walk on foot till the old habour - around 10-15 min.

Or you can rent the car - even beter, bec in this case you can visit many more places in antalya. waterfalls, old sites and so on. if you need any assistance with the car rent or simply information what to visit - contact me any time i will help you with pleasure.

Reading , England.
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Thanks for that information Anastasitta thats just what I wanted. As I said I stayed in the old town of Antalya a few years ago and would love to go and see it again and also maybe meet some friends we made.

Can you tell me approx how long it will take and also does the bus stop along the way to Antalya.

Also thanks for the info from all who have posted their comments.

Alec.

Belek
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

Happy that You found the information useful. from belek to antalya by bus it takes round 45 min and it goes directly and may just stop if smb asks. just do not forget to ask the time when the last bus goes from antalya. i think from 8 till 20. but maybe now they made it till 19. and one more thing - maybe better change the money into turkish lira - bec noramally the prices are like this - 1 lira (if you pay in liras) - 1 dollar or 1 euro. today's exchange rate is -

1 dollar - 1.44 TL

1 euro - 2. 17 TL

now you see the difference and may find the advantage in paying in TL-)))

and do not forget - the best time to exchange money - when the banks are opened. otherwise, when it is weekend or they are closed, the exchange offices make the rate not worth changing.

Good Luck and enjoy your time in Turkey!

The weather is still smiling here-))

10. Re: Grida Village to Antalya(Kaleici).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 05:17