We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Essex
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

We are looking to stay for a week in Belek mid May but can't decide which hotel to stay at. We will play golf several times so proximity to courses is important but won't dictate our choice totally. Can anyone advise as to the 'best' hotel out of the above which seem to be our favourites at the moment taking luxury, quality of restaurants, entertainment into consideration. We are at stalemate at the moment!

Mentioned in this post
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Sammy,

I can only tell you about the Gloria Serenity as I've not been to the others.

We are going back to the Gloria for the third time this year - we're hooked!

The lay out of the hotel is fantastic, plenty of space, lots of gardens and the pool surrounds the whole hotel.

There are 3 evening a la carte restaurants included in the AI in addition to the buffet, and outside BBQ buffet, there is also a seafood restaurant but I think this is chargeable ( we didn't use it). Your can also use the restaurants in the sister hotels the Gloria Golf and Verde at a set charge, last year it was 15 euro per person for three courses with 50% off your drinks bill.

I've never seen a wine list so extensive in any AI hotel I've been to and they were ALL included, unlike the sister hotels where certain ones are chargeable.

I am not a golfer but my husband did play on the Gloria's golf course. I think he was quite impressed but to be honest I don't take much notice when it comes to Golf!! (sorry)

If there is anything more you want to know - just ask! I would thoroughly recommend the serenity!!

Mentioned in this post
Gloria Serenity Resort
Gloria Serenity Resort
1,713 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Gloria Golf Resort
Gloria Golf Resort
1,748 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,912 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Hi,

If the budget allows I would also say go for the Gloria Serenity! I have been reading up on this hotel and it looks fantastic,and one I have my eye on for the future when we can go out of school holidays!

The Cornelia is excellent and we have been there and plenty of golfers there last Easter so must be a good sign! They certainly seemed to enjoy the AI drinks there!!!

Mentioned in this post
Gloria Serenity Resort
Gloria Serenity Resort
1,713 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Toady,

Soverign holidays we giving some early booking discounts (hence the reason we're already booked) and travel republic were quite competative. May be worth keeping an eye on them. TC who are their main supplier are always dearer!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,912 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Hi thank you for this info!

It is my sons 18th just before Easter next year and I was going to splash out on it but the prices were just to much for an Easter holiday! It was about £4,500 for the 3 of us!

I spent a Saturday morning really researching it and I must say it looks and sounds amazing!

I had to pass on a free day tour of it courtesy of our hotel in Beldibi which has connections to the Gloria group! how i wish we could have gone!!

Our son hinted that Easter 2011 will be his last holiday with us so I can at least dream!!! We booked the Barut Lara in a Junior Suite in the end for Easter 2011 because we get loads of extras and it is his favourite hotel!! Going this Easter to but in a standard room! I think I will go to see it for myself in Summer when we stay at the Susesi which we also love!

Look forward to your next review!!

Mentioned in this post
Beldibi
Beldibi
Kemer, Turkey
Gloria Golf Resort
Gloria Golf Resort
1,748 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Barut Lara
Barut Lara
3,853 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Susesi Luxury Resort
Susesi Luxury Resort
2,402 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

how hot is it at easter time?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

HI,we stayed at the xanadu last September. A party of 16 golfers (8 couples).It was so fantastic that by popular demand we have booked again for this Sept. The year before we went to the Ayscha which was very good but not so luxur ious.

The Xanadu had at least 4 a la carte restaurants which were included in AI but the selection in the main restaurant was superb ,there were special seafood nights, bbq and Turkish.

The Xanadu gives special rates for golf at the Carya,all the other courses are near but it would cost you more if you want to play the Gloria courses also the Gloria give their residents priority for tee times..We have booked with Alternative Travel(excellent ) they arrange all the golf and transfers.

Lastly the entertainment at the Xanadu was first class-3 different shows with professional dancers.

Mentioned in this post
Gloria Golf Resort
Gloria Golf Resort
1,748 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,912 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

It is lovely at Easter, maybe the odd off day but next Easter is even later so really expecting good weather! Going on 15th April!! Last year at the Cornelia the temps were mid to high 20's after 2 days with some rain! We always go to Turkey at Easter! Going 30th March this year and keeping fingers crossed!

It goes cool at night though! We did have short sleeves on walking in an evening some nights!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Essex
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

Thank you all for your views/info. It does look as if any of the hotels would be a good choice. My husband is keen to stay at the Gloria Serenity, so will probably book to stay there. We have seen reasonable prices if you book the flight and hotel separately for example through Alpharooms and flythomascook. This is our first holiday without our children who will be 18 shortly and want to do something different with their friends this year so somewhere luxurious is our aim!

Mentioned in this post
Gloria Serenity Resort
Gloria Serenity Resort
1,713 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
9. Re: Gloria Serenity, Xanadu or Cornelia De Luxe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 06:16