We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

belek

southampton
8 posts
Save Topic
belek

hi can anyone tell me whats the shopping like in belek,we usually stay in side and use the shops on a regular bases ,also the market at mangevet for clothes mostly .is there many shops or do we need to travel to side ,fakes are what we are after we have found most we have bought are better quality than the real thing and still have clothes 6 years on from our first trip.i usually travel with an empty case and buy clothes the first day there for the whole holiday.we have been to turkey twice a year for six years so know the good stuff from the bad and can haggle for britain.but we dont know anything about belek.thanks for any replies

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: belek

The shopping is very similar to Side & if you include Kadriye I would think there are a lot more shps than in Side.

The market, as in market stalls is the same as you get in Manavagat & Side, it just pitches up a different town each day

southampton
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: belek

thanks for that,mangevet market is huge compared to the one in side.is the one in belek the same as mangevet .we usually skip the one in side and take a taxi to the other .i have heard a lot of shop keepers have moved to belek from side is this true?we noticed the prices had gone up in sept last year and they are not so keen in taking sterling as much as they used to ,is lira the best option now.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: belek

Most shops in the Antalya region are about the same and stock the same stuff .The market in Belek is held on a Saturday and the one in Kadriye is on a Tuesday ,both are quite a good size ,but you will find the same traders in every market in the area as they just travel round from site to site .Lots of the stalls in these towns are actually owned by the shopkeepers .If you are looking for a certain item or size on a stall and they dont have it you will see them going into the shops behind the stall and returning with what you want.bit of a give away .

4. Re: belek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 05:22