We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gloria serenity resort

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
gloria serenity resort

Just a quick one,

Made a mistake on a previous posting, so here is the correct message. We are travelling to Gloria Serenity on the 9th of August. With my 10 year old son. Anyone going in similar circumstances do not hesitate to get in touch.

The hotel is getting some very mixed reviews at the moment so I am becoming sceptical, especially about the levels of service and the food in the main free for all restaurant.

Cheers for help.

asuk

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gloria serenity resort

Hi

We're going to the Gloria Serenity on the 7th with our son who's nearly 10 and 16 year old daughter. Live close to you as well in Chesterfield! Will perhaps meet up.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gloria serenity resort

We have just returned from our third visit to the Serenity and I'm afraid to say noticed the service levels in the buffet have dropped. It just seemed so much busier for some reason. Staff seemed to struggle to keep up with clearing the tables and drinks could take a while to arrive.

If you sit outside it didn't seem to be as bad.

Of course you just have to grin and bear the rudeness of the other guests in there. They push in the queues, don't move out of your way even if you walking with a plate of hot soup of something, and touch the food with their fingers. I liked shaming them by picking up the servings tongs and handing them over. This of course happens at all the hotels in Belek, not just the Serenity.

Af far as the standard of the food goes, I cannot see how people can complain really. You have to remeber it is a buffet, and like buffets all over the world they are never piping hot.

I'm sure you will have a great holiday, although the buffet didi niggle us a bit , it certainly did not spoil our holiday.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gloria serenity resort

Hi pete 041,

We are arriving on the 9th traveling with Thomas Cook. Are you the guy who's son was the chesterfield fan? I will keep an eye out for him. Will he have the team shirt on?

My son is ten with long ish mousy coloured hair. We have a Garden villa booked 'cus thats all that was left.

We will keep our eyes out for you guys

Cheers.

asuk

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gloria serenity resort

Hi,

Yes we are the sad Chesterfield fans I'm afraid (my son & I, not the girls!). He does have the shirt but we try to restrict him wearing it as it can look a bit "chav-vy"! (so I'm told). We'll get him to wear it on the 9th so you can spot him.

We're in a gardern villa too.

I've e mailed the hotel to ask if you can book the a la carte restaurants in advance (before you arrive at the hotel) and they replied quickly saying you can so we're going to do that.

Cheers,

P

Edited: 01 August 2010, 13:02
UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gloria serenity resort

We have been 3 times and are returning on the 19th. Last year was great cos i think the recession had hit so hotel only just over half full. Getting bit apprehensive if the reviews are negative now, it was such a great hotel and the garden villas are lovely. Hopefully the champagne bellinis on the end of the pier at sunset are still there.....!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gloria serenity resort

Thanks for the info frits.

That has totally wetted my wife's appetite now. Just can't wait to get there and forget about life for 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Al.

7. Re: gloria serenity resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 05:25