We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel water slides

berkshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
hotel water slides

Went to Rixos Premium last year and the children loved the waterpark. We would like to try a different hotel next year but the children have said that they must have some decent

pool slides for their age ( 16 & 12)

Could someone who has children of similar age and has sampled the various hotels give me some idea of those that have the best waterslides. We are prepared to try another area but must be 4/5*

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel water slides

Hi NannySue

Royal Wings, Royal Dragon, Voyage Belek, Susesi, Xanadu & Barut Lara are all good quality 5 star AI hotels with some water slides. I'm not sure how many slides the Rixos Premium has though..so don't know how they compare.

You could try one of the Thomas Cook Aquamania brochures or First Choice splash brochures as they have all the hotels with water slides in them. We went to LykiaWorld in OluDeniz last August, but this is only a 4 star in my opinion and it isn't AI and worked out very expensive for us but we had 4 children with us and needed 2 rooms. It won't be the same quality/standard as the Rixos Premium & I think you could get better value for money elsewhere (just my opinion)

Hope that helps somewhat to start you off. I'm sure others will have more information.

Regards

Sharon

Kent
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel water slides

Hi - We went to the Susesi this year and the slides were great fun ages of children 5 15 16 and 50 lol. Great fun, i think there were 6 slides in all.

Fab hotel - totally recommend it .

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel water slides

Hey Sunsunsun

Stop rubbing it in that you went to the Susesi this year :-) I'm determined to get there one day :-)

Sharon x

Kent
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel water slides

Lol - It was for a special birthday for my oh, it has definately spoilt us for future holidays, but i would love to return for my special birthday!!! in a couple of years - if funds permit!!

We will see you next April at Barut lara :)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel water slides

Hi nannysue

I would second what sunsunsun says about the Susesi, because apart from the slides which are great, it is a wonderful hotel for all ages.

The hotel has a very good teen programme to in summer and plenty for them to do!

Service is excellent and this year was even better than last year!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel water slides

Hi nannysue

We spoke before you went to the Rixos if you recall :-) I am glad that you all had a great time. The Rixos is a very nice hotel and my children (now nearly 16 and 13) enjoyed the Troy waterpark too.

As far as I am aware, the Rixos Premium is the only beach hotel in the Antalya Province region that has it's own waterpark which is open to the public. Having done some research on the waterslide front myself, I think you will find that in this area Royal Dragon and Royal Wings have the most slides (plus fun fair for younger children). I think each hotel has around 9 'adult' slides. I have not stayed at either hotel so I may be wrong.

The Rixos Sungate in Beldibi also has around 9 slides and the Gloria Golf (I have stayed there) has 8 big slides. If you stay at the Gloria Golf or the Gloria Serenity you can also use the slides at the Gloria Verde which is accessible by jumping on the shuttle 'train' that runs between the three Gloria hotels and the Gloria Golf club.

The Cornelia Diamond (next door to the Susesi hotel) also has 6 adult slides I believe and a further 3 or 4 medium sized kids slides which might be located in or around the kids club area. There is also a kids funfair at the Cornelia Diamond. I think the Paloma Grida Village in Belek also has a good sized aqua park and the WOW Topkapi and WOW Kremlin hotels (adjacent) have wave pool and pretty good selection of slides. I have stayed at the WOW Topkapi a few years ago and the rooms were a bit dated; as far as I know the hotel has not been refurbished since we were there.

You may want to consider the Aqua Fantasy hotel in Kusadasi, Turkey which has a large waterpark. Alternatively Egypt is the destination for hotels with extensive water slide parks as I expect you know. Off the top of my head there is the Titanic and also the Titanic beach in Hurghada, the Aqua Blu, the Sunrise Tirana and the Jungle Aqua Park hotels in Sharm el Sheikh and the Akassia Swiss Resort near Marsa Asalam.

Hope that helps :-)

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel water slides

Alba queen also has 4 slides its a really nice hotel.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel water slides

Excellent water slides at the Gloria Golf - loads and loads of different ones for all ages and no queuing!!

berkshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel water slides

Thanks for all your replies, plenty for me to take a look at. Was going to book with Thomson this time but a lot of hotels mentioned above are not on their website.

Can anyone give me an idea, if I book with another booking agent, when they will be showing the hotels for next July and what airline to book with. I have used Easyjet before but they are not showing July yet. I know I will get anxious if I book the hotel and I haven't booked the flight at the same time. That is why I was considering Thomson as I can book it all together and have no worries.

Sorry for going off topic.

Sue

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel water slides

Hi NannySue

We usually book the Turkey hotels through Thomas Cook or Direct Holidays (which are owned by Thomas Cook). Check them both to see which is cheaper.

First Choice also have some of the hotels mentioned.

They will have the package holidays which include hotel, transfer & flight for next July and beyond July.

Regards

Sharon

Edited: 13 October 2010, 19:19