We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's going to the Susesi?

Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Who's going to the Susesi?

I'm going in August and can't wait! Booked because of the excellent advice I received on here.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Hi Jannyr, you will have a great time, we went last year, it was amaazing.

My profile pic was taking from our balcony, we stayed in the water villas :))

Edited: 26 January 2011, 20:04
Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Will be there middle of July .

Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Looks fab sunsunsun!

Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Hope you have a fantastic time wallbash. Have you been before?

Edited: 30 January 2011, 14:38
Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

No my first visit , like most I follow the good advice given by Toady .

Was at the Barut Lara last year , the Sentido Perissia year before. Never return to the same hotel , always want somewhere new.

I have a list of requirements , for me its shade!! Yes we go in July/August , I can cope with the heat but as very 'white' would burn even with my factor 50.

Not interested about the Al a carts ( the supplement this year wont effect us) much prefer the grand Buffet . I like to wander around , take a small portion and if its a success return for more.Being handed a menu , its only a description.

Helping oneself is much nicer.

My wife , who tans easy , hates air conditioned restaurants, so very top of the requirement list is al fresco dining. This is not negotiable.

Not interested in sight seeing , have done it for years , now is the time for a good book , cold drink and a shady spot.Luckily for us cost ( now the kids don't want to come) is not a problem .

How do the rest of you choose where to go?

Southampton
Level Contributor
143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Will be there in August, went to Calista last year so looking forward to comparing the two!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

We are not going this summer but envious of those that are!!

We have 3 superb hotels booked but part of me wishes we were going back to the Susesi!

Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

I chose the Susesi based on Toady's recommendation. Sounds amazing! I'm not deterred by the cover charge as we're only going for a week, so even if we go to a few al a cartes, it shouldn't cost us too much extra.

We're really looking forward to it.

Toady has also got me thinking about the Barut Lara but that will have to wait until next year!

Edited: 31 January 2011, 19:54
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Wallbash, forgot to mention we went to the Sentido Perissia last year. What did you think?

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's going to the Susesi?

Was at the Sentido Perissia late july 2009. Very good but for the limited al fresco dining . Yes will now admit to the very quick walk to the very last open air table every evening . The near tables filled up fast , but the trick was to past those and get on to the balcony .I only failed once! But now will only go to hotels with very large outside areas.

That was my only problem , the staff/ waiters were as good if not better than at Barut Lara.Breakfast was better at the Sentido Perissia.

The Thomas Cook rep was better at the Sentido Perissia , mainly because I never saw ours at the BL ( not that she was needed.)

Get answers to your questions about Belek
Recent Conversations