We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Voyage

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Live at the Voyage

Hello all,

Well we are here and it is fabulous, we arrived on Saturday night to a huge storm and torrential rain, Sunday was overcast and a tad chilly unless the sun peeked out and then in the evening we had more heavy (really heavy) rain but yesterday evening was cool and clear - today has been really hot def in the mid 20's and I even went for a dip in the outdoor pool and it wasn't too cold but then I like cold water.

We have so far eaten at both buffet restaurants and the choice is brill, we went to the Italian yesterday and have the Greek booked tonight, they are just starting to open up more outdoor bars and restaurants as the weather improves, I hope the adults pool bar and outdoor night club will open in the next couple of days but they are working on the roof as the rain damaged it. Piers both have sun loungers on them but no parasols as of yet.

The hotel is busy but as there are so many areas there is plenty of space. I walked out to the reception from the main hotel block and it would only take a couple of minutes at most for the slowest walker - I really don't think any of the rooms are badly located but for me I do love being in the main building. Inci managed to secure us a room with a view out to sea and over the main pool we are in the building closest to the building work but not overlooking it and other than very occasional noise I barely notice it we have spent a fair bit of time on the balcony and are still deciding whether to do the upgrade as our standard room is so good!

erm some of the other questions I was asked to check, room safes will take a netbook but a laptop larger than 12 inches prob won't fit in.

I haven't found the specific family blocks in the gardens but as a general tip if you are in the bungalows ask to be near the relax pool as this will put you in a good central position. oh and for those out near reception there is a bar there as well so you don't have to come to the lobby if you want a drink.

Erm,what else...........walking down the beach is not restricted at this time. The cakes in the patisserie are too tempting and the red and white wine is very quaffable!

Finally Ben says to say the gym is very good he ran 6 miles and then went and had three plates of food at the adults only restaurant ;O)

feel free to ask questions, I will try to get on a bit more regularly!

oh I will check the day pass but it might take a day of two, bear with me :O)

Cheers Jazz x

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at the Voyage

Hi Jazz, our roving reporter, wow that sounds like a whole lot of rain, so glad the sun is out today, how brave are you going in the pool !!

Here's hoping for wall to wall sunshine now for the rest of the summer.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and we will all be waiting with baited breath for any more reports.

XXXX Netty

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at the Voyage

Hi Jazz,

Enjoyed your "live" report.

Glad that you like the CV and maybe best to save the cash for another break somewhere, if your so happy with your room.

When it rains you certainly know about it but luckily everything dries up quickly!

Hope the weather is kind to you from now on!!

Look forward to another update if you get the chance but enjoy your holiday to the full!!

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at the Voyage

Hey Jazz - glad you like the hotel and that Inci sorted you out with a nice room. Good to hear the building work isn't too intrusive.

Nice to hear things are opening up - although sadly when we go next year, Easter is early again.

Is it warm enough to sit out outside at night?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at the Voyage

Thanks for report so far, Jazz.

TA is now showing the CV as #1 of 63 hotels in Belek... yeay!! We have to wait until September, sadly.

Marion

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at the Voyage

Hi all,

Thanks Netty and Toady, I think the weather looks good for the next few days at least, yes the rain was impressive but it has been lovely today, the sun wa really hot, ben has gone a bit pink as he didn't listen when I told him the sun was strong so def tanning weather even early April.

Hi Bugalug, I think it is warm enough with a cardy but due to the rain outdoor seating has been a bit limited, I can't wait for then to open the outdoor bar and club as this has some brill outdoor seating :O) we are off to the Greek tonight which is open air so will let you know how that goes!

Well we are 2 hours ahead of you so I had better go up and get changed for dinner and a pre dinner drink or two ;O)

Cheers Jazz

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at the Voyage

Sounding good if the Greek is open. Enjoy your evening and we'll catch you later x I'm definitely thinking of booking this hotel again for next summer. Your room sounds amazing - you'll have to try to upload some pics! As Toady says, save your pennies for another holiday - lol.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at the Voyage

Jazz

Thank you so much for taking some out from your holiday to send us your report as you so kindly promised.

I can't believe you are actually there!! :-)

I can't wait to try the Voyage Belek in June.

Have a lovely well earned break xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at the Voyage

Hi Jazz.........News at Ten................Belek,

Loving your " live" report . Sooo glad you are having a good time out there.

You will be glad to hear there was frost on my car windscreen yesterday and it was blooming cold we had to put the central heating back on.

Keep us up to date with things.......and tell Ben to click on this link …blogspot.com/_UyXsk2Bgrb0/…Funnny.jpg It is what happens to most men on holiday at some point.

Cheers

ED

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at the Voyage

He he Ed, don't remember that pic being taken, but it's deffo me and him indoors lol.

Bugalug gosh yes only one week till your BIG meet up.

How many T/A members to date ?

Have trip advisor given you any goodies for your meet up party ?

Sounds like you'll all have a blast - enjoy

XX Netty

Edited: 05 April 2011, 19:33
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at the Voyage

Sorry Jazz should have posted that reply to Bugalug on your other posting, It's an age thing lol.

But you made my day when you said the wine was "quaffable" hope the white is nice and dry.

Oh and is there anything on offer like Baileys.

Tesekkuler ( think that is thank you )

XX