We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

We are planning to go to the Susesi on 26th May next year and wondered what the family terrace rooms were like and also what there was at the hotel for shy 14 year old boys?

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Well i was at the Susesi in July and am a lot older than 14 !

So am not overqualified to answer. Check out my review.

To sum up , the hotel was wonderful but I personally could not recommend to a 14 old. the animation team was lacking in enthusiasm.

BarrowBoy had boys who made friends , but would yours?

The evenings might also be a worry . the entertainment was dire.

Don't want to put people off visiting , my review on the whole was very positive but we are a middle-aged couple.

Would I like to take my daughters there when 14 ........... no.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Hi suzie,

Do not let the negative comments from wallbash put you off the Susesi !

It is a great hotel and each year they change their animation so I would not be to worried about that! I am sure the hotel will have taken on board comments made about the animation team this year but who goes on holiday to be with them all the time?? The teens have a club and activities so soon make friends!!

We have taken our son at age 16 and then 17 and he loved the hotel.

The first time he did join in and made friends and the second time he decided to spend time with us.He used to play football ever day at 5pm with the adults.

The room your asking about is larger than the one we have had both times. We have had a terrace standard and found it perfect for the 3 of us and bearing in mind our son was older than yours will be.Location was great in the water villa area and this is the best area to be!

It is a great hotel and should be higher in the ratings than at present!! Amazed at some of those placed above!!

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Do not let the negative comments from wallbash put you off the Susesi !

So we are not allowed to voice our opinions/views?

You have read my glowing report on the hotel , but the OP was talking about shy teenagers . They will not get any help from the animation team .to mix.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Wallbash of course you can have your say but you do make some negative observations! For example men wearing 3/4 pants is common place in high season but you think they look scruffy!! It takes no more effort to put on long trousers than 3/4 dressy shorts and I suspect those wearing them are far more comfortable.

You are not talking from experience of having teenagers with you and that is the difference. I was pointing out the hotel will be aware this animation team may not be the best but last year the team were fine.They get a new team in each year. My friends son met loads of teens this summer once he settled in by joining in the teen activities!

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

All the animation teams at the hotels in Turkey are supplied by an agency ,who more or less dictate what they can and cant do according to the fee payed by the hotels .Most of them can be really enjoyable ,but you cannot please everyone . I am afraid if you want Celine Dion you would have to go to Ls Vegas ,lol .

14 years old kids are at that in between age ,but i am quite sure that it wont take him long to make friends with someone then you wont see him for most of the holiday.There are plenty of things he can join in during the day without having to worry about nighttime entertainment.

Don't worry be happy

Peter

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Just wanted to add that we have literally just got back from the Susesi with our children aged 15, 12, 4 and 2 and would highly recommend it.

I will write in more detail and also post a review when I am less tired and have caught up with the huge pile of washing currently occupying my kitchen floor.

In the meantime I am happy to answer any questions if I can. I must add that as we were only there for a week (which wasn't long enough!) we didn't feel the need to use the teen or kids clubs, but there was more than enough for us adults and our children of varying ages to do and I'm sure the room type you are looking to book will be lovely. We had a larger room, but needed it having so many children!

PS Within the last year we have been very fortunate to have stayed at the Xanadu, LykiaWorld OluDeniz, Barut Lara, Voyage Belek and Cornelia Diamond and the Susesi is definitely up there with the best in my opinion!! Service in particular was outstanding!!!

Sharon

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Thank you all for your comments. Booking any holiday is confusing and so much of what you say is right... he will be fine, he is an inbetweener and I'm sure he will make friends... I think we will go for it although Sharon we are stuck between the Voyage Belek and Susesi having been to the Voyage last year... would you recommend the Susesi over the Voyage or advise us to go back to the Voyage?

Thanks all

Suzie

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Hi Suzie

If you are able to give me an idea of what is and isn't important to you in a holiday then I will try to help as much as I can based on what you do and don't like/want in a holiday as we are all different. Also is cost important to you? Are the hotels you are looking at similar in price? What did and didn't you like about the Voyage Belek? Will you be travelling with any other children? What room types are you interested in?

Sorry for so many questions, but if I know a little more about what you are looking for then I should (hopefully) be able to give you a better answer/idea.

Sharon

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Sharon, that is so kind. We (my husband and i) would be travelling with my 2 children, daisy 8 and Jake 14 as well as my mum and dad 60+.

We like quality. Clean and modern complexes, good pools and nice areas to relax with a decent glass of White/beer. After that it's about the children. Daisy will make friends in an empty room and loves kids clubs so we never worry about her. Jake is shy and thinks he's a little too cool for school so often a good animation team who he sees as cool helps. What we liked in voyage was the spread of the complex, the environment and al a cartes. The animation team were good for Jake too yet not too pushy or red coat like! What I didn't like was our room (not 5 star for me) and the lack of wow factor in the reception (first impressions and all). Price is quite important as we like to holiday again later in the year and both are coming in at around £5k (alot dearer than last year!). Hope this helps and THANK YOU. X ps Jake also likes slides

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Susesi - rooms & 14 year old!

Hi Suzie

It sounds like you are very similar to us. We loved both the Voyage Belek and the Susesi and would return to either in a flash, but I think you should book the Susesi based on what you have said and if you don’t try it you may always wonder “what if” if you are anything like us! (cost permitting of course).

We had a 3 bedroomed/3 bathroomed/3 mini bars room with stairs down to the swim up area which was really lovely, clean and spacious. Beds were very large and we found them to be exceptionally comfortable.. The Susesi is large with lots of beautiful different areas for eating/drinking etc. We found the entertainment last week when we were there to be very good and there was a lovely atmosphere. We were there for 7 nights and had different live bands after the shows which in our opinion were excellent for 4 out of the 7 nights, a wonderful pier party on another night with fireworks and tons of beautiful Chinese lanterns let off into the sky. Carribean dancers by the pool one day, foam party on the beach another day. Huge inflatables on the main pool one day. Inflatables in the grassy areas another day. We found the animation team to all be very friendly and good…and my 15 year old considered them as “cool” . Not a red coat in sight! Haha. Our children didn’t go to any of the kids or teen clubs though so I can’t comment on those. There was so much for them to do in a week that they didn’t feel the need.

Food and service was outstanding and it was very easy to book the a la cartes. We didn’t want to leave and a week definitely wasn’t long enough! Will it be half term school holidays when you go or not? Our school half term holiday here in Surrey is the first week of June..well I hope it is as we have booked to go away that week! Obviously if you are travelling outside of UK school holidays there will be fewer English children to mix with.

The only disappointments we had were that not all the slides were open last week, no idea why! For 2 days we only had the choice of 2 slides and the most that were open were 5 out of the 6 slides. The blue bowl type slide never opened last week. Also the Ada bar which serves the pool/swim up rooms no longer serves any snacks whatsoever and has shorter opening hours than advertised although it is open from approx 12 until 5 for drinks and not until 8pm as advertised.

We heard a lot of English voices whilst we were there and had no problems at all with any other nationalities. Ie queuing/rudeness etc. All entertainment was in English.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions just shout. If not, just book it before the prices go up again :-)

PS I love your children's names x

Sharon