We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

I would really appreciate some new comments please or reviews as off to both in less than 4 weeks . I know having been to the Xanadu & Barut Lara that the 5* hotels are fantadtic ... But Any good suggestions about what to do and what to avoid will be very gratefully received . Thankyou again TA

Regards Helen

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,176 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Helen

My wish list for Belek would be these two hotels and I would not worry about your choices. Not alot of people can stretch their budget to go to these hotels especially with young families.

There are two recent Serenity reviews on HC site and maybe do a search for the Maxx Royal to !

Here is a link.

www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx…

Smithy a forum member was saying on the Susesi thread that his friend has just returned from the Serenity for about the 6th time and it has got even better. A forum friend that went to the Maxx in January and has been to some of the better hotels in Turkey said it is amazing.

Please review both on your return !

Have a great holiday, I am so envious!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Helen

We are off to the Maxx Royal in August so would be very interested to hear your review of it upon your return.

Have a fantastic holiday.

Sharon

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Thanks Toady & Sharon

We will review when we get back ,

have pushed the boat out as gave very stressful time personally. .....

But have to say its the same price as booking 2 weeks in most places currently . Did DIY then looked for best prices with various websites , couldn't decide hence 2 hotels .

Wield love to hear from anyone who has visited recently

Thanks as ever TA

Helen x

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Helen

We have also had a very tough period recently and are both working all the hours so have also pushed the boat out.

We have also done DIY and are having a week at the Voyage Belek and then moving next door to the Maxx Royal for the second week.

What room type have you booked at the Maxx Royal? We are in a family terrace room by the pool at the back of the hotel, but I need to find out if all rooms face the pool at the back of the hotel or whether some of this room types face towards the hotel main building.

You have so much to look forward to!!

Sharon x

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Sharon

Think we have a land view room / suite , it sounds like its a fabulous hotel . Will know soon enough for myself , less than 4 weeks now

Helen :))

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Helen

I have just returned home yesterday after a really wonderful stay at the Gloria Golf. Although we were staying at the Golf, we had VIP concept which meant that we could dine at any of the restaurants and drink at any of the bars in all 3 Gloria hotels. We dined in Le Jardin au Printemps French a la carte and the Sha Asian a la carte at the Serenity, and both were as good as I remember them when I stayed in summer 2010. The hotel is as beautiful and immaculate as ever and by the time you go things will be getting into full swing. The pier bars opened this week and the shows in the arena amphitheatre and parties begin next week. You will love it I'm sure! Enjoy!

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Thanks very much for that , I'm intrigued by the VIP concept . Did you have to pay for that ? Glad you had a lovely holiday .... Counting down now only 3 weeks to go Best wishes Helen

Falkirk
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi medusahall, we are of to the Gloria Golf in 5 weeks. Is there any chance you could tell us how to access the Vip package and the costs incurred? We were there last summer, and would have liked to spend more time in the sister hotel.

Cheers Ricco

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

Hi Helen and Ricco, with regards to the VIP concept - there was no charge for this and I assume it was because I am a repeat customer(this was my third time at Gloria Hotels). Not sure if it is available throughout the summer season or how many times you need to have been before, will try to find out.

Ricco, as a repeat customer, you will be eligible for waiter service breakfast free of charge in L'Ancora Italian restaurant. Very nice smoked salmon and eggs, eggs benedict, crepes and other lovely dishes!

The Harem a la carte restaurant is no longer Ottoman cuisine and the menu is "International" - a big improvement. At L'Ancora and Pescado there is a set menu, 6 courses with accompanying wines - absolutely outstanding! If you want true a la carte there is an extra charge at these two restaurants but not at Harem. The a la carte restaurants at the Serenity were still fully a la carte. Came home half a stone heavier!!

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to the Maxx royal or Gloria serenity lately?

thankyou medusahall , thats so helpful . Sounds like we may become repeat customers. Also trying to lose some weight now..just in case:)

thanks again

Best wishes Helen