We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twilight golf in belek

Southampton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Twilight golf in belek

Hi golfers

I have booked a golfing holiday in Belek for last week of March. Unfortunately I booked in Letoonia 'golf' hotel before realising that they don't have golf courses or they won't be able to get preferential teetimes in the golf courses. When I tried booking tee times, the only ones available were after 130 pm or before 7 am. So I booked twilight golf starting at 215 pm for 3 of us.

My doubt is if we start at 2 15pm, will we be able to finish 18 holes? We are three and are not bad players. Handicap around 20. After paying a fortune for hotel flights and teetimes, I don't want come back with unfinished rounds, if that will be the case, I will have to change the holiday dates or location.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Oxford
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Hi gasman

The last week in March the sun sets about 19:15 onwards so you should just about be OK, depending on speed of play.

Might be an idea to check with the golf courses for earlier tee times, the afternoon before the next day's play.

If that doesn't work, get to the courses early and try to get slotted in before your actual tee times.

Have you tried any of the golf booking agencies? They usually have access to decent tee times. You can google them: Bilyana and Lauro are well-established companies.

For sunrise and sunset times have a look at the "information center' on www.golfturkey.com.

I came back the other day and played until 17:30 when the light was just starting to fade, but it'll be 2 hours later in March.

Good luck

John

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twilight golf in belek

The clocks change on the 31st March, so before that sunset will be just after 18:00.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
358 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twilight golf in belek

March is peak season and all gof courses are packed, they do not ask for any handicap certificate, thus speed of pay can be very slow i.e. between 4.5 and 5.0 hrs.

Oxford
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Hi again

Following Davidm1 post, I rechecked sunset times. He's right...later sunset kicks in 31 March after clock change so you're really going to struggle with your 2.15 tee times.

John

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,496 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Hi John

I was wondering if you got round to your review yet?

I think we are in the cheap seats so to speak ! Did you book the room type you got or was that an upgraded room ?

Sounds like you loved the Maxx Royal !

Oxford
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Hi Toady

Hope you're well.

We did book a sea view family suite (I think all rooms are called suites at the Maxx) but we definitely got a bit lucky with room 1562, in a wonderful location, slap bang in the middle of the sea view side, overlooking a miniature "Dubai Palms" scene out towards the sea.

I don't think it's going to matter where you are in the Maxx Royal, it's such a great hotel. All the rooms are going to be good.

Got a bit going on here just now but will get round to doing that review, honest.

John

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Hello I am going out in April and have been allocated a tee time of 14.54 at the national but the original request indicated that my tee time would be 14:09 - Does anyone know what time it gets dark in next week in Belek

Oxford
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Twilight golf in belek

Sunset is about 19.40 next week.

You've got five and a half hours to get round so you should just about make it if you don't have too many slow coaches n front of you.

The National is one of the toughest courses out there and longish rounds are not unusual, unfortunately..

To be on the safe side, I would press hard for an earlier tee time. Good luck.

9. Re: Twilight golf in belek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Belek