We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

We booked in January for 2 weeks in August - need school hols :-( - and it cost about £3,400 for the two of us but last week the price rocketed to £10,302 (First Choice) and £11,130 (Thomas Cook) . Is this a mistake or is it for the new, swim up, exclusive guest rooms? There is a scathing report on the review section (from a reviewer who went in 2010 !) saying that it's not worth this kind of money and I would agree if it is the real price.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

We have booked 4 June for two weeks ,and when we check the price for the same dates it costs about six grand more for the same dates than what we payed .We are all payed for ,but if not I would never think of paying this sort of money .I have been seven times now and love it ,but if that is the cost from now on then I am afraid this will be our last visit .I can only imagine and hope that the only rooms left for the dates we are going is in the new swim ups hence the prices quoted . I will have to seek some clarity.

Peter

Wakefield
Level Contributor
545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

I know for the date i am going (30 May) for the three of us (one child included in that!) it will be £9777, needless to say i didnt pay that, but that price is for the new one bedroomed apartment! I hope First Choice don't price it out of the market for next year as its an amazing hotel!!

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Yeah been looking for son and dad to come in July and looks like tour ops are only selling Laguna villas, don't know if you can get anything different if you go into the shop and book, it's really a shame if they out price themselves.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

luvmykidz, Voyage Belek, rooms facing land side, are 4608 TL (1700 GBP) for two adult people, for 7 nights in July if you buy them now at 20% off. "www.etstur.com/Voyage-Belek-Golf-Spa#self". ETS Tur is the largest tour operator in Turkey but unfortunately the website is all in Turkish.

good luck,

enigma...

manchester
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Hi ,

travel republic have block A for the last two weeks of july , £3,058 for two adults then flights on top so must be looking at £3,700 there abouts . think the main tour ops have just run out of standard rooms .

karen

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Yes Karen I think you're right. A popular choice and definitely one to book early.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

I have been assured that the prices currently quoted on Thomsons and Thomas Cook sites are for the new swim up villas .

Peter

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Hi all.

My take on all these price hikes are firstly they only have the dearer rooms left but also i believe they try it on in the hope some will pay this and i think ultimately some do,years ago when there was a lot of competition the prices were keen at various times and the later you left it the better the deal you could get,in my experience they hardly exist now there are only two major operators so they can and do do as they please.

when we booked the Susesi in January.... according to the web site they only had 5 rooms left a week later they still had 5 rooms left,but surely as we had taken one there should only be 4!!.these tour operators hike the price etc all the time run out of basic rooms then as if by magic they have a sale month and find more rooms and reduce the prices enormously,if you don't watch their prices you think you are getting a bargain.

Brian.

Edited: 02 March 2013, 15:42
scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

There are rooms to be had from other tour operators ,but Thomsons and Thomas Cook have booked their quota and are advertising these swim ups at a real high price ,which in my eye is in danger of doing The Voyage a real damage when people think this is the price for all rooms . The should be made to show more clarity on their sites . I had recommended the Voyage to two couples who wanted to go there at the same time as we are going ,but when they enquired from the web sites about the price they just decided that was far to dear and went elsewhere .

Peter

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Voyage Belek-reason for massive increase £3,400 to £10,000?

Hi Peter.

Lets be honest these tour operators don't give a damn about the VB or any other hotel all they are bothered about is their profits,yes they should be made to show more clarity but whilst ABTA etc allow them to get away with it ,it will continue. They also know that the vast majority of people will stick with them in this present climate of smaller operators going bust.

Brian.

Get answers to your questions about Belek