We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Level Contributor
577 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

So, my husband and I celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in July next year. We are going to go on a weeks holiday to celebrate, by ourselves - no kids! Yay!

We have a budget of between £1500 - £2000, obviously the cheaper the better.

We toured the Maxx last month when we stayed at the VB and loved it, however its prohibitively expensive in July. We could go in October for £1800 which works for me, as we are going early May for our family holiday back to the VB.

However, could I get more for my money in another luxury hotel at a better time of year? I have searched and come up with Cornelia Deluxe in July for £1900, and even Cornelia Diamond in July for £2000.

What would you do, where would you go?

Requirements are - really nice, luxury room; decent minibar (my husband has a thing about them lol!!); ideally branded drinks, ideally bottled beers; excellent food, good service.

The rooms are important as although we liked theVB, we were disappointed with the rooms.

Thanks for any help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

i would wait until the reviews come back for the riu kaya pallazo it opens the end of june thats what we are doing any way at the moment the price is good but would rise if reviews are good good luck anyway

scotland
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Agree with Gary..the brand new hotels have cheaper deals to start with, failing that ..( I only had the tour) loved the Diamond..want to go there myself

Level Contributor
577 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Thats not a 5 star though is it? Will keep an eye on the reviews but thomson have it for about 1700 which is not that much less than the diamond.

Also if anyone has any lara beach recommendations that is another area of interest!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Hi Sooziebabes

It is 5 star on some sites and the rooms look stunning, we have booked a superior room there next August

It has a really good All Inclusive package with international drinks, 3 included Al a carte's there

If you consider the VB is 5 star and also the Maxx Royal there are various standards within the 5 star rating with price tags to match.

The Calista Luxury might be worth a look at !

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Hi Sooziebabes,

Have been to the Diamond,Susesi and just returned from the Calista ( wow)

Reading your short list,I would say that the Diamond ticks all of your boxes!

It,s big,modern,classy,elegant with Premium drinks throughout,plenty of nice a la cartes ( 10 Euro cover charge though) mini bar stocked with beers,water and soft drinks ( no spirits though)

Plenty of action and entertainment if you want it and plenty of intimate little corners and an Adult pool if you don,t accommodation is of a very high standard throughout!

Pricier than the VB,cheaper than the Calista!

A brilliant hotel

Pat

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Riu is a 5 star the tour operators only class new hotels a 4* the first year.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Yes Thomson do have strange ratings anyhow and pricing.

The Liberty Lara is almost the same price as the high end hotels and a poor All Inclusive package there there and a dreary tired looking hotel .

My holiday to the Palazzo next year has gone up by £184 already, I thought it had stayed the same price but had not added the superior room supplement.

London-England
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Hi

The Diamond is a great hotel, lovely rooms everything you want. I have booked for the Riu Palazzo as this looks wonderful but agree with the above review, prices have started to rise.

Good Luck

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Hi soozie, if the Maxx is out of reach then I think would consider the Gloria Serenity (over the Cornelia Diamond), the Riu Kaya Palazzo, the new Titanic Belek or maybe the newly opened Vogue Hotel in Bodrum.

Level Contributor
138 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me decide - luxury holiday next year

Hi sooziebabes

I'm currently staying at the calista luxury and its truly the best hotel in the belek region that I have stayed in by miles. The main reason is its so much quieter in the day than the cd or vb. if you want a relaxing time that is. We are both 40 and love loud music but they just don't have it here during the day which we like when trying to chill and sip the champagne!!!!!! Any help I can offer then please feel free to contact me