We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,646 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

I have been looking for a week in late August and I sent a request for a fact sheet from the Xanadu Resort and Spa to their Guest Relations and got a really informative reply. We stayed at their Sister hotel the Xanadu Island in Bodrum in 2011 and it was wonderful.

I was thinking how this hotel rarely gets mentioned on the Belek Forum and it has dropped down in the ratings yet it has a super All Inclusive Concept and has recently undergone some excellent renovations over winter.

This hotel has a superb choice of international drinks included and 4 inclusive Al a Carte's although all are for age 12 and over but then no restrictions to how many times you can go, if there is availability of course. This may be a good option for couples looking for a relaxing evening dining experience. The room service now has a 5 euro service charge but then however many items you order are included. Laundry service and ironing service is free for stays of 7 or more nights.

Just thought I would highlight another option.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 10:13
Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Ooh that sounds promising, I will have a look. Still looking for our anniversary holiday!

Manchester
Level Contributor
391 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Good Point Ann

When I first started looking at Belek a number of years ago , this was definitely one of "the " hotels to visit and was very highly rated with many repeat visitors . One of the things that slightly put me off if I remember , was that the a la carte's are just sort of partitioned off from the main dining area , is this correct , and if so is this still the case.

This is definitely a hotel that I would still consider

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Hi Toady,

Really nice hotel maybe even better now its undergone some renovations, we went a couple of years ago, more suited to couples I would say.

Excellent choice of branded drinks included.

Room service was free when we went but 5€ is not bad at all when you can order as many items as you like.

Guest Relations are excellent in fact received a Father's Day message from them this morning.

Laundry service is fantasic lovely to come home with a case of clean clothes!

Only one down side for me was like you have just mentioned Pete the a la cartes are just partitioned off around the main restaurant - (not sure if it is like that now) but it did not work for me I am afraid.

Yes a shame this hotel amongst others don't seem to get much of a mention on the forum these days, I am personally fed up of hearing about the same hotel over and over again, I am not knocking the Voyage Belek before the VB lovers start having a go - I have been to the VB had a great time and going back next year, it just would be nice to hear about other hotels in Belek.

Diane

Edited: 16 June 2013, 13:40
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,646 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Hi Smithy and Diane and sooziebabes

Yes a shame the Al a carte's seem to be still off the buffet as mentioned in a review but at least it would be waiter service and not a bun fight !! lol I think with no children allowed in the area it would be appealing to couples.

Love kids but some parents have no control on them.

Not booking with TC after the way we were threated with regard to having to go to the Imperial or I would have booked the Xanadu.

Thomson do not have a great choice of hotels but 2 of my next 3 holidays are with them.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 14:17
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

This hotel was our first experience of 5 star AI and also our first visit to Turkey 3 years ago. Since then we have been very fortunate to visit a number of the other 5 star AI hotels in Turkey and have had some amazing holidays!

Although we would happily return to any of the hotels that we have been to, we have found that they all have their plus and not so plus (no minuses!) points and we haven't (yet) found a hotel that ticks every single box, but we will keep looking...haha.

Although my comments could be out of date now we felt that the Xanadu Resort excelled very highly with food and service and would be an excellent choice for couples in particular.

Sharon

Toulon, France
Level Contributor
344 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Hi Sharon! How arer you all?

As an avid fan of the Xanadu i think one of the main reasons it slipped down the ratings is that most of the guests there are repeat so they dont bother writing reviews anymore. I dont mean 2 or 3 visits but in the teens and 20's! Even met a lady there this year and it was their 31 st visit!

Afew years ago things did seem to go down hill abit, charging for laundry etc but the hotel took note of this and changed the things people were complaining about and is now back up to its great standard of 5 years ago.

We were there in May/June this year with friends and we are all going back again in 3 weeks ( 8th visit for us), i try to write a review each time but TA wouldnt add mine as they said i wasnt adding anything new to my reviews from before! So i had to think of something to add lol

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
314 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

Hi

I've booked this hotel for late June next year. Looks great and has excellent AI facilities.

Reading the reviews, it does seem odd that it's so low in the TA ratings?

We are off to the Barut Lara in September , then Excellence Playa Mujeres in January so should have some good points of reference to compare the Xanadu against.

Anthony

8. Re: Xanadu Resort . Another hotel to consider in Belek !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:16