We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather in Belek

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
August weather in Belek

Is it too hot? Schools are cracking down on taking children out of school, so we wont be able to go early July next year. Do you get up super early to sun bathe?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,201 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August weather in Belek

Hi

Yes it is very hot and can be quite humid at night It.depends which hotel with regard to the sun bed situation.

Having said this we have been many times in August as like you mention because of school holidays. I would go as late as your children's school term dates allow. We are going for two weeks to Belek as a couple next year but going from the 29th August.

The real down side is that prices are higher but again going towards the end of August it can be a little cheaper.

We took our son aged 5 in mid August for our first visit to Turkey 15 years ago !

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August weather in Belek

We went last year for the first two weeks in August and yes it is v hot but my 5&3 year olds coped very well. We did however spend most of the day in and out of the pool and did not go out and about too much.

Last year we were at the rotal wings and are going back this year at the same time of year but to the voyage in belek so the heat did not put us off returning at this tine of year.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August weather in Belek

We too always go in early august due to school holidays and having to return to work just after the bank holiday.

As mentioned it does get very hot but with lots of swimming and ice creams and cocktails - no problem.

Downside is yes you do have to get up early if you want a bed in a particular spot

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August weather in Belek

I remember i went last september for the two weeks and it was so hot, infact sometimes unbearable but there are lots of places where you can catch the shade. :)

Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August weather in Belek

Yes, its hot hot hot. !!, we have been twice, in the last 2 weeks of August, and both times it was in the 50's, !! It does take a couple of days to get used to it, and as previously mentioned, there are always shady spots to be found, or nice airconditioned bars. The sea temperature is like a bath, but somehow it does still cool you off, (for about 5 mins) .lol.

5 weeks and counting........ :-)

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: August weather in Belek

I teach so August is my best option too. Yes it is hot but, EVERYWHERE in the hotel is air conditioned, you simply manage your spot (coffee/patisserie areas , lobby, room, bars, table tennis/gmes area) as SUNshine had said. You will find that Turkish holiday makers, with families, don't head out till 6ish when the heat is less fierce, they have spent their day in air conditioned areas or under the trees. As we are heading to the beach bar for our pre-shower cocktail they are heading off to the sea for a cool dip, everything is timed later for them. Sunbathing is fine up until 10.30 depending upon how much you can cope with. We use factor 30 and I manage till 12 (hubby only gets to half 11) and then under the brolly (we go to the beach as there is a welcome breeze) after that it's a long lunch in the air con restaurant and back out for a snoozle unde he brolly, emerging out about 3 to catch some more rays finishing up with a cocktail before going in to get ready for dinner. Oh how hard a lfe it is. . .

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August weather in Belek

Been to Belek quite a few times in August and yes it can be hot, but not unbearable. What would be unbearable to me is if it was cold lol.

There are plenty of places to get cooled down if needed ,I find a wee seat in the shade with a nice cold beer the ideal way .

Peter

Northampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August weather in Belek

Thanks everyone.

Northampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: August weather in Belek

Thank you! It might be our only option.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: August weather in Belek

It is very hot but it never gets into the 50s!

Very hot is more like low 40s. We have to go in August because of school holidays too but our children cope fine.