We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

London-England
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

Hi

I'm very concern with a lot of comments relating to the garden rooms, I would like to gather some evidence of customers that have experienced these rooms.

Could everyone please put they comments, I apologise if you have already made a comment relating to these but I would like to keep the comments within 1 forum so I can produce it to Thomsons.

Are they 5 star, if not why?

Are they different to the main building?

Would 3 people sleep comfortable in them?

Any thought/comments would be great, Thankyou

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

Hi Geert

I did not mean that review ! There are positives though in the 1 star Palazzo review !

Another hotel review I read but I read so many and it was clearly an error.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

There has been 272reviews which say palazzo is excellent or 5/5 and 6 reviews that say terrible 1/5 . Think some people might be very hard to please or they are just unhappy in general . A holiday is what you make of things yourself instead of looking around for stuff to complain about , although I wouldn't have been happy if fridge door fell on me !! But accidents happen that's life . 1star review is ridiculous but entitled to voice opinion I suppose

Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

Sorry to butt in, there was a 1 star review on the Regnum which was clearly an error and now appears to have been removed. It was entitle 'luxury 5 star' or similar but with 1 star.obvious mistake.

I'm pretty new to forum life lol, so no where near as knowledgeable as the regulars, but I have read a lot about the palazzo as considered it for next year, I cant n honestly see how a 1 star could be fair really.i know sometimes people have a bad experience but even so.....

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:24
Evergem, Belgium
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

@Julie N: Point taken. On the other hand, the latest 1 star review, allthough also mentioning some positives, the "negative" things mentioned are weird. Like the Fish AND steak restaurant. It's like going to a carshow that mentiones CARS AND BABES. Once there you OR can only see Cars OR the Babes. A little bit strange example but you get my point. The fact that on check out they wanted to charge the compensation visit to an a la carte restaurant and that it took him 45 minutes to sort it out, is also a bit 5star "unworthy"

This hotel is also on the to check if liable for visiting list, but since it's a very recent hotel it's normal that there still are issues to iron out. Barut lara reviews went sour after the refurb, but it seems it's starting to get back on track, allthough it receives more 3/4 star ratings then before.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:43
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

Hi All

Yes Helste i knew i had seen another 1 star review and it was the Regnum but had gone when i looked for it last night.Just the poster not rating it correctly by mistake maybe !

Julie N agree ! Not good but not intentional that the door fell off and could happen anywhere.

Gerrt

The fish is one Restaurant and the Steak is a separate one , it is not called Fish and Steak! If they are expecting 20 people at the Steak then everyone who booked the Fish Restaurant decided they want steak and you did not get your steak that would be a problem !

The point is they did not pay and it was a mistake.

Really you are looking for to many problems and we only have one side to the story !

Evergem, Belgium
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

We Always have 1 side to every story. Every hotelchain or guest relations that takes the time to answer to a review is so much standardized that all they have to do is copy paste the text for every review posted. I'm not looking for to many problems, like i said i think the Palazzo is our next trip. Depending on the price offcourse.

Abiout the door falling off? Didn't he mention that there was stuff on top of the cabinet to fix the door, but that it didn't happen?

A leaking toilet? Could also happen anywhere, but imo not in an hotel that's just 2 years old? And ifi if recall coorectly there was another picture in the reviewsection with a waterleak in a bathroom.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 10:01
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

@Gerrt

Yes but the maid may have informed technicians and it was not done ! We will never know!

Have you ever had a new house ? You get these issues and as i say one side of the story!

I am sure they would move them if they had issues with it !

I will not get alarmed by a 1 star review from a first time poster!

Paththedrum gave a 3 star review which i took seriously as he is a forum regular that i know expects a good standard and likes similar hotels to us and i did have a wobble which i mentioned. Another regular Suez loved it but she was there early in the season so things can change depending on time of year. I was not won over by the VB but reviewed it fairly but could easily have given it less because of the issues but at the end of the day somethings are out of their control.

england
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

One of my main concerns arising from the review is that guests from the Riu Kaya next door are allowed to use the facilities of the Palazzo. I assume there must be some basis for this comment, and if there is any substance to it at all it would put me off. Why pay 50% more to enjoy the same benefits? Perhaps a past or present guest (or Toady when there) could clarify beyond doubt what the true position is.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

Hi mr trotter

I know when we stayed in playa del carmen at a Riu in Mexico we could play at all 3 in the Resort except the Riu Palace. We could not dine at them in the evening though.

I have not heard of any such arrangement with the Palazzo nor would I be keen on this !

Okay if they have a tour but not spend the day there !

A recent Kaya Belek review mentions not being able to use the sister hotel.

I will be surprised if the allow this as like you say it is more to stay at the Palazzo !!

Evergem, Belgium
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - Garden Rooms - Would you stay in them????

isn't there a same arrangement at the Delphin Hotels? You stay in one, but can use the facilities in the others??

I know that lots of hotels in the "furthey away countries" from the same chain do this quite frequently. A friend of mine had this with the Iberostar chain. They even had shuttles to take you from one to the other hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Belek