We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

A week at the CD then a week at the Delphin Imperial.

If anyone has any questions while we are there let me know, will try and answer all.

Going to upload pics to twitter when I get chance @JimDundasWilson

We stayed at the Imperial last year, have also been to the Voyage, Susesi and Rixos.

First visit to the CD this year.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

have a wonderful time!

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Look forward to hearing what you think as we're off to the CD in under 3 weeks ( have stayed at Maxx Royal, Xanadu , Gloria Serenity and Barut Lara )

Regards

Helen

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Day 3 at the CD.Rooms fantastic,bathroom with bath and walk in shower which is massive. Service fantastic, loads of waiters.Buffet is great, lots of tables which makes it easy to find a seat. Good choice of food. Best Chinese a la carte of all the hotels we've been to. The hotel is full but it doesn't feel like it. Always sunbeds available, and it doesn't feel like your on top of

one another. Nice relaxed feel to it. I'd say we prefer it to the susesi, voyage and Rixos, but there isn't much in the way of daytime activities, pool games, etc, the others have much better animation teams but that doesn't worry us. I think the CD is probably suited to older couples, we are early 40's and love it. Perhaps families with kids might prefer the voyage, but the CD is superior in most ways.

The daytime food around the pool is by far the best we've seen. Proper menu and waiter service. Usual things,burgers,chicken Donna,pizza,gozleme, but also things like ribeye steak, spag boll,fish and much more. Can't imagine anyone not having a great time here. We will Defo be coming back next year which says it all really. Any questions I'll try and answer them. Forest pub a la carte tonight. Will post again later in week

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Hi Jim

Really pleased to hear that you are having a great time , we returned from there a few weeks ago and i agree with all the points you make.

Enjoy the Forest Pub tonight we liked it in there, we also ate at the Sapore and The French and can highly recommend both. Keep us posted on your experiences and make the most of the good weather , pretty gloomy at home

Cheers

Pete

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Thanks Pete.

40 degrees today! Nice breakfast of poached egg on toast. Mrs had a pancake, some fruit and toast. Not sure how a pancake and fruit balances out health wise but hey ho. Lots of British peeps here, more than at any other we've been to in belek/lara. Haven't seen any rowdy ones yet, even though there are some large one-sex groups. It's All very civilised here. Forest pub was fab, steak was delicious, as

were the starters and the soup and the appetizers and the puddings......you get the picture.

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Hi Jim sounds great which is good as there have been some fairly negative reviews recently . Are there any parties Anne's ? Not sure if its winter concept yet or not as we alway seem to miss Gala nights etc

Happy hols

Regards Helen

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

We always seen to miss the gala nights too.

It is still summer concept but no gala night this

Week. I've seen a few of the negative reviews,

It's hard to believe someone would stay here for 24 hours and want to go to a different hotel. To be fair I don't think the swim up rooms are the best, due to the design and position of them. The hotel inside us quite dark but it's classy, not dingy.

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Hi Helen and Jim

Have also seen some of the recent reviews , everyone of course is entitled to view things as they see it , but agree that to move after 24 hours was pretty extreme due a bad room allocation .

Jim , hope you continue to enjoy your holiday , and not long for you now Helen , i really hope you enjoy yourself , you have already stayed at some of the hotels which are still on my wish list

All the best

Pete

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Whoohoo, apparently there is a party tonight(sat). Not sure if it's a gala thing or quite what it is. Just sitting at the dome bar, having a beer n watching the arsenal game. Enough sun for the day. Off to the delphin imperial at lara beach tomoz for a week, stayed there last year, loved it. Defo coming back to the CD next year.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off to the Cornelia Diamond tomoz.

Hey all,

I'm glad to hear the CD is still as good as when I was last there! We are on countdown again. Back to the CD in just over three weeks and I can't wait. I think it will be our last time though, whilst I'm really looking forward to it I want something new next year for extra excitement.

Get answers to your questions about Belek