We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Live" From the superb Susesi.

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
"Live" From the superb Susesi.

Well we have been here a day now and up to now I am sorry Pat you where wrong when you thought it might not compare favourably to the Barut ...my first impression is it is every bit as good, I can see why you changed from the Imperial to here there is just NO comparison this is luxury with a big L.

We had payed extra for sea view room but given a side sea view with single beds but one call to reception and it was sorted immediately and we were given room 1517 looking out to sea at the garden end, a lovely large room with huge bed.

We arived about 4 o'clock in afternoon and after sorting room out Lin dragged me screaming and shouting to the bar, unfortunately they do not have baileys but a very good substitute , in the evening I had to suffer Captain Morgans, and a becks, today I have had to suffer my favorite whiskey "Famous Grouse", its a hard life but I think we will just have to put up with it and suffer, and like the Barut they don't hide them away.

The hotel is near empty , only about 200 people so very quiet, but that will do us.

The swimming pool is freezing but me being a real man (mind you Lin pronounces it d**k h**d )I just had to dive in and find out I think I will stick to the sea it is just nice enough.

I am afraid I can not compete with Ann (toady) at the Maxx but I know we are going to have a fab time this hotel is everything we want and reminds me so much of our favorite place , we may have just found a competitor.the food so far is excellent, the staff are again excellent , so polite and helpfull, service is excellent.

they have Lins favorite Turkish ice cream.

I love the gardens so much greenery .

weather a bit cloudy today so went for walk round Belek, and got the tractor back, I had the wind blowing in my hair.

Internet is excellent,

It is now on winter concept so some things are closed , but off to see a live act tonight.

First impressions of Belek is that it is better than Lara.

Brian.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,205 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi Brian

Glad your happy at the Susesi and should you need anything ask for Nalan .

It is buzzing here and yes the first overcast day so far.

Just updated my thread but what a day we had.

If your curious go for a tour of the Maxx Royal !

Enjoy your holiday as best you can and worry about the relapse to your AA recovery after your holiday!

I am raising a glass to your mum and my dad tonight! X

Edited: 04 November 2013, 15:58
southport
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Glad you are enjoying your holiday bro,I will have a real bailey For you, if you want you can take a walk on the beach up to my hotel and I will bring a glass of Bailey out for you.

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi Brian,

I am so pleased to hear you & Lin are settling in nicely!!

Who are you trying to kid - wind blowing your hair...LOL

Enjoy the entertainment tonight!

Diane

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi Ann.

Just read your post , its spot the guest here let alone the golfer , the only celeb's here are Lin and me lol.

We will raise a glass to our mum your dad and all the well wishers.

Colin.

I will take you up on that if you make it a bottle.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi Diane.

when I say blowing in my hair , I might have exaggerated slightly ...ok it blew my wig off , and my false tooth flew out.

Brian.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,205 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Diane

I did ask we treat Brian kindly ! Lol

Brian fill your boots and enjoy your holiday as best you can .AA will help again when you get home. I know you had no need for it in May ! X

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Susesi looks great, definitely one on my list! Will be keeping an eye out for your live reports.

Ooo Captain Morgan's is my fave drink, hope they have it at Calista!

Have a great holiday :)

Caroline.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Thanks Caroline.

Calista is on my to do list I don't think they will disappoint on the Captain Morgans front either.

I believe it is next door to the Susesi.

Brian.

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi Brian

Really pleased to hear that you are enjoying the Susesi , we loved our time there , and it is currently high on the list for a return visit next summer . Can't imagine what it must be like with that number of guests , you must have the pick of any spot you like , just make sure you choose one close to a bar , ha ha

Agree with your comment re Belek , just a bit more to do than at Lara , and the town gives you another option should you fancy a change of scenery from the hotel. Is Sandals Bar still open or has everything moved inside now . Enjoy the rest of your time there mate

All the best

Pete

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Live" From the superb Susesi.

Hi all.

Is it the same here as in Lara where we can tour the hotels at 4 o'clock.

I woukd love to tour the Maxx, Calista and cornelia diamond.