We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maxx Royal is #1

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Maxx Royal is #1

The Maxx Royal has overtaken VB as the #1 TA hotel in Belek now, that was a quick climb to the top!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Hi Sue

It has been number one a while now and surprised nobody commented before now !! dscam mentioned it in another thread but I decided it was best not to post when I saw it. lol

Same hotel chain so they have the number 1 and the number 2 slot !!

Right result in my view but as my review stated it is in another class the Maxx Royal !

We are going to the Voyage at Easter !

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Ah I see, I thought it had changed just over this weekend!

We are going to VB over Easter too, and I am very much looking forward to a tour of the amazing Maxx if I can :)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Hi Sue

Yes you can have a tour and we got taken from the Maxx to the VB on a golf cart so maybe the VB will do the same, they just took us down a services road to the side of the VB.

Yes I am now looking forward to the VB with the newly renovated rooms ! 18 weeks tomorrow for us !!

Have you seen the photo's on FB ? Nice and bright and the beds look similar to the Maxx beds with padded sides!

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Absolutely loving the new VB bedrooms, yes! They did rather need an upgrade, didn't they? All that brown...!

We decided to upgrade to a Laguna villa for our Easter visit so will not have the pleasure of a newly updated room, which is a shame.....

18 weeks to go :)

x

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

So the number one is going to the number one!!

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

From VBs point of view demotion to No. 2 is of little consequence because there aren't going to be many, if any, people who are going to choose between the 2. The price differential is massive. vB need to be more concerned about similar priced hotels.

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Good point PLE1. The number of Brits going to the Maxx in the height of summer will be minimal as the price is absolutely ridiculous, I don't care how good it's meant to be. The posters on here who are going have to go at the end of October (I'm sure there'll be the odd exception) to make it affordable.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

I am not sure that they will enjoy the demotion having been there so long but like I say the Maxx Royal along with a couple of other Belek hotels is in a different class and it was always strange to see that the Maxx Royal was below not just the VB but some of other Hotels to !

They are sister hotels so sure the company is happy to have the number 1 and 2 position !

Agree price is a factor stopping many from going but if like some of us who can go out of school holidays and peak times it is a superb hotel!

We are going to the VB next Easter and the Maxx Royal was way out of our price range at that time of year unless we only had the one holiday which was never going to happen!

Having said this for the same holiday to the VB for Easter 2015 has shot up more than I would want to pay to go there in low season!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

Who exactly are going in the Summer to fill the rooms ?

Is it the Russians ?

If so - there must be a hell of a lot of wealthy Russians because this is not a small hotel ?

And there are hundreds of expensive, luxury options around the world for wealthy holidaymakers and Russians to choose from.

Or is it possible different nationalities pay lower rates than we are offered in the summer ?

Its clearly a fabulous Hotel with fabulous service but 12,000 approx for two weeks in the summer - I can't get my head around it or where they find enough takers from.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 08:45
southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maxx Royal is #1

If you check the reviews you will find there are quite a lot of Brits who go there in the summer.maybe there are more rich Brits than We think.

For us to go in August is just over £7000 .the reason We go in October is because We also have 2 weeks in may so like to spread them out a bit more.

When We used to go to Tunisia We always said We would not pay the prices for these hotels in the Antalya region ...which were over double the price!

Like everyone else on here We now do.

Get answers to your questions about Belek