We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pots of tea at VB

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pots of tea at VB

Hi now this is a very silly question, but to me and hubby an important one. When we have breakfast at VB we enjoy a few cups of tea, but when we ask for a 'pot of tea' we either get a pot of coffee, or tea in a small glass, and I hate to tell staff that's not what I wanted, so for you die hard VB ers, what should we ask for to get a pot of tea?

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pots of tea at VB

Not sure if they have small tea pots ,but they do have the large thermos type pots and if you ask them to leave it at the table they will. We always take our own tea bags as we prefer them to the ones there and the tea from the station is far too strong. We usually just ask for hot water which they will bring in a cup or thermos.

Hope this helps as I also like a nice cup of tea to start the day.

Peter

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pots of tea at VB

Thanks , that's what I meant the thermos pots, we ask for 1 pot of tea and using hand gesture indicate a big one, and as I say either get pot of coffee or 2 Turkish teas,

Thanks again Peter

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pots of tea at VB

Agree peter, can't go wrong with a wee tetley tea bag but always take a supply. They do nice green tea for those of you that like it,

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pots of tea at VB

I quite like the Turkish tea serve in the small glass tumbler on occasion .The waiters love to serve it to you as they think it is respectful of their customs .

Peter

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pots of tea at VB

That's often what we get Peter, in the small glasses, as I say I hate to say 'oh sorry I meant a BIG pot' while indicating and pointing to one nearby. As I said, to avoid confusion, I wondered if there was a correct thing to ask for. Never mind, at night they always get the 2 Jack Daniels right!!

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pots of tea at VB

Hi lmk . If you just ask for tea they will automatically bring you Turkish tea in the small glasses as the word is more or less the same in both languages, but if you ask for English tea they will bring you such If you ask for tea in a thermos , more than likely they will bring you the tea you get at the station ,which is more often than not stewed so much that you could tar roads with it .Far better taking tea bags with you,or every now and again take a bundle from the side of the urn and ask them for a thermos of hot water that way they cant get confused between tea and hot water . I find that after the first time I ask for something providing you get the same waiter which you mostly do ,then they know exactly what you want . We go into the adult dining room for breakfast every morning and as soo as we are sat down the waiter is over with two glasses of orange juice and hot water for our tea.

Peter

Edited: 24 January 2014, 19:18
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pots of tea at VB

Thanks so much Peter your a great help

8. Re: Pots of tea at VB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19