We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloria Golf Resort

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gloria Golf Resort

Hi all,

We've booked to stay at the Gloria Golf Resort for nine days at the start of May and were just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for us...

It's my 30th birthday whilst we're there and I'd like to pre-book one of the a la carte restaurants for the celebration. Does anyone have any copies of the menus, please, as I'm vegetarian, so want more information before making a decision?

What toiletries do you get in your room? Do we need to take towels?

Apart from the spa, what other things cost extra in the AI package?

Will everything - nightlife etc - be up and running properly by 6th May?

Are there a lot of mosquitoes? With there being a fresh water river I thought this might be a problem. If it is, any recommendations when it comes to repellent? I got bit terribly at Lake Como last summer and I couldn't cope with it!!

Will we get a schedule of the next day's activities/entertainment etc in our rooms each night?

We're very excited - just hope the Gloria's as good as it looks, worth the money and the right place to celebrate my birthday!

Mary

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gloria Golf Resort

Hi Mary-Lee, I can probably answer most of your questions but not all of them! I don't have a copy of any menus but I can email a copy of the summer concept for you if you pm me with your email address. It gives details of the types of food at the restaurants, opening times etc. My sister in law is vegetarian and she was astounded at the choice of food that she had when we stayed at the Golf. You could always email guest relations and I'm sure that they would be able to send a copy of the menus to you.

The concept also lists all the activities which are chargeable.

I have stayed at Gloria hotels 4 times and have never seen or heard a mosquito yet, despite being next to the river! I would normally be eaten alive too if there were any around!

You definitely don't need to take towels. In your room there are shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner, cotton buds and cotton wool pads. There used to be a shaving kit with foam and a razor and Colgate toothpaste and toothbrushes, but last year these had to be requested. There are also bath salts if there is a tub in your bathroom.

I think nightlife may be weather dependent, but should be up and running by the beginning of May I would have thought. I stayed at the end of April a couple of years ago and each day there were more facilities opening. Last year guests were given a schedule of activities for the week ahead on arrival. There are also notice boards in the lobby detailing events, and near the bridge over the river, also at the animation team hut next to Gloria Pub.

I am certain you will not regret your choice of hotel to celebrate your 30th birthday! Happy holidays!

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gloria Golf Resort

Hi Medusahall,

Thank you so much for your reply! Looks like you're not too far away from us in sunny Preston! I'm the editor of a lifestyle magazine for Preston called Live Preston & Fylde - don't know if you know of it, but it just goes to show it's a small world!

It's great to know your sister-in-law enjoyed the vegetarian food at the Gloria. After posting on the forum earlier, I decided to email guest relations, who forwarded on copies of the menus. There wasn't a single vegetarian main course on any of the menus, so I have been slightly worried, but your sister-in-law's experiences have put my mind at rest somewhat! Did she have to request a vegetarian meal or was there a special vegetarian menu?

It sounds like we're going to be ok for toiletries and towels then... we've only booked one main suitcase to share and hand luggage (it always seems like a good idea when booking the flights, but as the holiday draws closer you realise you shouldn't have been quite so tight!), so that will save on luggage weight. Also, great news about mosquitoes! My northern blood must be like nectar to those little buggers!

If you could email me the summer concept I'd be really grateful - thank you! The best email address is mary.lee-slade@live-magazines.co.uk. I'll look forward to receiving it - and, again, thank you so much for all the information!

Mary :)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gloria Golf Resort

Smalll world indeed Mary! I'm not familiar with the magazine but I will certainly make a point of having a look for it now!

I made sure that my sister in law was registered on the system as a vegetarian after our first meal in the Italian restaurant L'Ancora. At that time a couple of years ago, they were trying out a degustation type menu with different wines with each course but there were no vegetarian options on the menu! We told the head waiter who threw the menu down in disgust and stormed off to the kitchen! Incredibly my sister in law received fantastic vegetarian dishes for all 5 courses which were delicious. Each time we booked an a la carte restaurant after that there were vegetarian options readily available for her.

I know what you mean about the luggage situation! I've booked only two between 3 of us for our forthcoming trip and I know my 17 year old daughter will fill one herself!

No problem, I will email the summer concept to you. Have a great time!

Debbie

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gloria Golf Resort

Just email the hotel direct they will provide all the info you require including copied of the menu's.

I have stayed at the hotel 3 times, twice on golf trips and once with my wife and it is great. Re booking a restaurant from memory you need to do that at the hotel and you can't do it more than 24 hours in advance but I am sure if you email them and explain it us for a birthday they will accommodate you.

Finally, I am arriving for a golf trip on 4 May with 7 others and we would be obliged if you could keep the noise down!

5. Re: Gloria Golf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:16