We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Well we are blessed with great weather and arrived about 4.20 pm yesterday after a great flight !

Lovely and hot and the hotel looks so much nicer in the lovely sunshine than it did on the dismal day in October !

We are settled in but had a lovely surprise as we are in a Laguna Villa !

Now before anyone says they knew we would be after the upgrade we can swear hand on heart it was nothing to do with any request from us !

We have a great room but had a couple of security issues with both patio door locks not working but now fixed. We did have a frustrating time but now resolved ! Our room is the bigger Laguna room and was thanks to Emma that we got this ! Thanks Emma !

Last night she said she was asked to does she use TA and would she write a review ! She said she is an avid TA followers and that a DE for Belek was coming out Tuesday and the girl took notes !

At check in the lovely receptionist lady passed us over to a lovely guy who said have you been here before and I said no but we have stayed at the Maxx Royal ,

He said we are upgrading you but never mentioned TA !

Anyhow the room is great and we love this laguna area ! Staff are so attentive and we already have some favourites ! We are enjoying the adult pool and areas ! There was a great BBQ we stumbled on this lunch time and was great for all ages !

We never heard anything about it or even heard it at the adult pool !

I think a couple of things would improve the hotel and one being advertised theme evenings in the buffet. Booking A la Carte's seems to be an issue as the hotel is full ! A big thanks to Inci we are booked in the Mexican tonight for our sons belated birthday ! Inci is a star ! We have not met her yet nor has anyone else !

We obviously do not have the Laguna privileges nor would we expect them !

We are really warming to the hotel and there are some lovely staff !

Met a few lovely TA members which is nice !

Hot and sunny all day today !

Sat at the Laguna bar this afternoon before the meet up and had sundae glasses with fresh fruit given out and a lovely touch ! Great drink choice but not on par to Maxx obviously and no decent brandy but a good drink choice ! Not keen on the school type glasses in the planet bar ! We like this bar though !

Sparkling wine is light and fruity and not bad at all !

Happy to be reporting positively !

Edited: 16 April 2014, 16:48
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Sounds wonderful Ann! Lucky you getting an upgrade! Hope you all continue to have a great holiday!

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Toady,

I am so pleased to hear the Voyage is exceeding your expectations!

How lovely to get upgraded to a Laguna villa, is the Laguna bar just for the guests staying in the villas?

Inci really is lovely I had a nice chat with her last month when we had a tour of the VB while we were staying at the Maxx Royal, maybe she's having a few days holiday!

Enjoy the TA meet up!

Diane x

Wakefield
Level Contributor
517 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Laguna rooms!! Get you! They are amazing!! I'm so pleased you seem to be enjoying it, I loved the Laguna bar so relaxing and chilled!

Make sure you give them your comments, it's one of the things I like about their customer service is they actually do listen and where possible do something about it!

Have fun at the Mexican! My third favourite after steak house and Italian, I say third but they are all equal!!

X

Cambridge
Level Contributor
208 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

I'm delighted for your upgrade Ann! Way back in September last year you probably won't remember because you help so many people, I was choosing between VB and Barut Lara and you gave advice. At the time the VB hadn't announced it's upgrade and wifi was allegedly patchy and that is a show stopper for us. So I booked Barut Lara. I will admit I was worried because I have come to realise we are lovers of big hotels, but 100% hand on heart we are having a fantastic time. We have a fab sea view room with the huge balcony. Service is spot on, a la cartes are all great (10 min queue to book, brilliant!!) and the wine and sparkling wine are the best I have had in Turkey. When ordering drinks you do need to say "Smirnoff" or "Campari" though else you get Nash or some other weird stuff.

Enjoy your hols, looking forward to the rest of your "live" because I fancy VB and Calista next!! xx

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
573 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Glad you're feeling relaxed straight away, always a big thing. Looking forward to the rest of your live report.

Annan
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Sounds fab Toady! Enjoy every minute of it!!!

Live updates and top tips much appreciated!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi all

Well the Mexican was really nice and we were not over faced ! We could have had another tower but decided against that ! The soup was so spicy and really good ! We had rose petals on the table and in a heart shape and I think something was lost in translation!!

However they gave our son a lovely cake and they all sang ! The cake was unusual and very nice.and not sponge but the chocolate around it was delicious !

Lovely waiter that we had was at the Laguna bar earlier !

A bit bored tonight after the meal as live music at family pool but it was chilly ! The planet bar was packed showing football so we ended up trying to find a seat elsewhere but not easy.! We did get in later.

The beer hut now apparently stays open late ! It was still open just before midnight when we walked back to our room and had a TV screen in there !

All in all a lovely day !

Stuandwendi the coffee was lovely and hot this morning at the Laguna pool bar !

Noticed that the beach bar serves drinks in glass whereas the Maxx it was drinks in plastic ? Also round the adult pool drinks in glass! They need a waiter at the adult bar ! The beach bar has one !

Towels are free to collect yourself and not monitored !

Diane Laguna pool bar is supposed to be for these rooms ! We love it and a good food menu and we will have lunch there tomorrow !

Big structure being erected at the Maxx !

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi KJA

Glad your enjoying the Barut Lara !

Yes the drinks choice is far better at the Barut Lara than here and the sparkling wine is a much better quality !

It is refreshing the sparkling wine here though and better than none !

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
685 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Toady

Sounds like you dropped lucky with the upgrade, we might have to look for somewhere else for next Easter as the prices for the BL have doubled nearly!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Val

Yes that is the danger when they renovate !

I think prices for here are rising the same !

Yes lucky with the upgrade but know of two other people that got these rooms as an upgrade to !

I think this area is lovely and not sure I would like the main hotel as here is so peaceful ! B Block would have been okay for us but this room is enormous ! I must try and have a look at a renovated room !

Shame after such a short time there is some wear and tear to furnishings but down to inconsiderate guests not taking more care ! Example lovely cream sofa bed quite stained ! Rooms are lovely though !

Paul has saved some beds at the adult pool as it is very popular and great there. He is sound asleep after his walk and he got me my coffee on the way back !

Odd that the kettle and drink making facility is downstairs in what would be the children's room so did not want to disturb our son ! Might see if i can move it up here later !

A bit overcast here at the minute !

Enjoy !