We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Well we are blessed with great weather and arrived about 4.20 pm yesterday after a great flight !

Lovely and hot and the hotel looks so much nicer in the lovely sunshine than it did on the dismal day in October !

We are settled in but had a lovely surprise as we are in a Laguna Villa !

Now before anyone says they knew we would be after the upgrade we can swear hand on heart it was nothing to do with any request from us !

We have a great room but had a couple of security issues with both patio door locks not working but now fixed. We did have a frustrating time but now resolved ! Our room is the bigger Laguna room and was thanks to Emma that we got this ! Thanks Emma !

Last night she said she was asked to does she use TA and would she write a review ! She said she is an avid TA followers and that a DE for Belek was coming out Tuesday and the girl took notes !

At check in the lovely receptionist lady passed us over to a lovely guy who said have you been here before and I said no but we have stayed at the Maxx Royal ,

He said we are upgrading you but never mentioned TA !

Anyhow the room is great and we love this laguna area ! Staff are so attentive and we already have some favourites ! We are enjoying the adult pool and areas ! There was a great BBQ we stumbled on this lunch time and was great for all ages !

We never heard anything about it or even heard it at the adult pool !

I think a couple of things would improve the hotel and one being advertised theme evenings in the buffet. Booking A la Carte's seems to be an issue as the hotel is full ! A big thanks to Inci we are booked in the Mexican tonight for our sons belated birthday ! Inci is a star ! We have not met her yet nor has anyone else !

We obviously do not have the Laguna privileges nor would we expect them !

We are really warming to the hotel and there are some lovely staff !

Met a few lovely TA members which is nice !

Hot and sunny all day today !

Sat at the Laguna bar this afternoon before the meet up and had sundae glasses with fresh fruit given out and a lovely touch ! Great drink choice but not on par to Maxx obviously and no decent brandy but a good drink choice ! Not keen on the school type glasses in the planet bar ! We like this bar though !

Sparkling wine is light and fruity and not bad at all !

Happy to be reporting positively !

Edited: 16 April 2014, 16:48
notts
Level Contributor
299 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Sounds like your settling in okay and enjoying VB ! Speaking from experience ,make sure you enjoy every single minute Ann , maybe not quite up to Maxx ,but still a really good hotel !! Jean xx

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Jean

Yes we were spoilt at the Maxx Royal but that is way more expensive ! So not fair to even compare but same chain and you can see staff are very well trained here ! Nice to see the higher up suited Mangers do work with the staff and seem to treat them really nice !

Some lovely staff here! Last night we gave the waiter a bag of mint aero bubbles as well as a tip and he was so thrilled ! I did say share but he did not seem to know that word ! He was leaving to go home he told us and with them ! Lol

He had a cheerful smile all day as he served us earlier in the day !

Hope your good !

Yes enjoying it to the full !

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Today,

glad you are having a great time and enjoy your holidays. I could not agree more with your comments regarding

<<< Shame after such a short time there is some wear and tear to furnishings but down to inconsiderate guests not taking more care ! Example lovely cream sofa bed quite stained ! <<<

hotels spend thousands of dollars to upgrade and renovate and people dont appreciate these costs. I wonder if they do the same in their own homes.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Carrie

Yes as an hotelier you must get frustrated with this !

The room is spotless but then you see the grubby settee and tops of cupboards stained .

White furniture so harder to keep nice !

I am very house proud and do notice these things !

Wish the sun would come out ! It teases us then goes in again !

Manchester
Level Contributor
391 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Ann

Pleased to hear you are having a good time . The VB was the first hotel in belek that we stayed at , just looked back at my review , it was 2009 , we loved it then , but we probably wouldn't even recognise it now with all the great updates and changes they have made .

Still nothing booked for us this year , got a busy year , but must confess i have been pricing up the Calista in the past few days , will have to see where that leads , ha ha

Enjoy the rest of your break

Pete

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Ann.

It sounds like your settling in nicely!

Shame you were unable to sit out last night for the live music, no patio heaters?

As your son managed to find a few friends yet? it's always a relief when they do!

Enjoy your day!

Diane x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
704 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Ann

We had it a bit cloudy to start off this morning here at the Barut Lara, but once the sun came out it was scorching.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi all

Had a lovely day today and loving the Laguna area ! We had lunch today there and it was really nice with great service ! We actually sat for a few hours there as it was overcast but then it has been glorious ! ! Not to fond of the breakfast here though ! Eggs were so uncooked today both fried and boiled !

We went to the adult pool which was lovely mid afternoon ! My husband loves it there ! Our son enjoyed football again today ! The grounds are lovely and we enjoy walking and taking in the planting and unusual statues !

Staff are excellent and our maid is lovely and gave her a chocolate orange today ! She keeps our room nice !

The huge shower is a hit with the boys and the lovely jacuzzi bath with me !

We are going over to the Maxx Royal tonight ! Looking forward to showing our son the hotel he says I rave about ! Lol

There seemed a big change round today ! The hotel felt quieter !

This lovely area was busy for lunch but staff are very good and really look after the guests in the Laguna area !

So glad not to be in the main hotel !

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Forgot to say that we had not seen Inci so asked after her and meeting her tomorrow to thank her for all her help pre-holiday And to give her an Easter gift ! Repeat guests said they had not seen her and thought she might be on holiday !

Staff in reception are excellent !

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Ann

It's fab to read your report - I can just picture it all

Lucky you - very envious of the upgrade - but if you do get a tour of a family room I'd still like confirmation of layout if at all possible.

We're in Yorkshire for a few days - yesterday was lovely & sunny but today very cold & windy, forecast for Easter Sunday is horrendous - so enjoy Belek

Keep up the posts - loving it

best wishes, Angela