We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Well we are blessed with great weather and arrived about 4.20 pm yesterday after a great flight !

Lovely and hot and the hotel looks so much nicer in the lovely sunshine than it did on the dismal day in October !

We are settled in but had a lovely surprise as we are in a Laguna Villa !

Now before anyone says they knew we would be after the upgrade we can swear hand on heart it was nothing to do with any request from us !

We have a great room but had a couple of security issues with both patio door locks not working but now fixed. We did have a frustrating time but now resolved ! Our room is the bigger Laguna room and was thanks to Emma that we got this ! Thanks Emma !

Last night she said she was asked to does she use TA and would she write a review ! She said she is an avid TA followers and that a DE for Belek was coming out Tuesday and the girl took notes !

At check in the lovely receptionist lady passed us over to a lovely guy who said have you been here before and I said no but we have stayed at the Maxx Royal ,

He said we are upgrading you but never mentioned TA !

Anyhow the room is great and we love this laguna area ! Staff are so attentive and we already have some favourites ! We are enjoying the adult pool and areas ! There was a great BBQ we stumbled on this lunch time and was great for all ages !

We never heard anything about it or even heard it at the adult pool !

I think a couple of things would improve the hotel and one being advertised theme evenings in the buffet. Booking A la Carte's seems to be an issue as the hotel is full ! A big thanks to Inci we are booked in the Mexican tonight for our sons belated birthday ! Inci is a star ! We have not met her yet nor has anyone else !

We obviously do not have the Laguna privileges nor would we expect them !

We are really warming to the hotel and there are some lovely staff !

Met a few lovely TA members which is nice !

Hot and sunny all day today !

Sat at the Laguna bar this afternoon before the meet up and had sundae glasses with fresh fruit given out and a lovely touch ! Great drink choice but not on par to Maxx obviously and no decent brandy but a good drink choice ! Not keen on the school type glasses in the planet bar ! We like this bar though !

Sparkling wine is light and fruity and not bad at all !

Happy to be reporting positively !

Edited: 16 April 2014, 16:48
Wales
Level Contributor
390 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Toady, she's 3.5 now but am thinking for next August as the brochures come out soon.

Thank you thebookers re the slide information :-)

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hannah, there are age restrictions on the 2 biggest slides but nothing on the others. Cobra is 12+ and the rainbow drop slide is under 12s must be accompanied by an adult (and is terrifying!)

Ann, I worked out the DVD channel, feeling very proud of myself lol. Mexican tonight, all the la cartes are fully booked I understand. V busy here isn't it?! I haven't spotted Inci at the guest relations desk yet, does she have long blonde hair?

Sue x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Sue

It is dark with a reddish tint and long, she is slim !

Well done you, I am not great with technology !

Angela I asked to see B Block next week for you !

Hannah has suddenly grown up ! Lol

manchester
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
54. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Ann ,

lucky you , the laguna area sounds lovely .

hope the weather picks up .

have a good one .

karen

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Karen

Yes we are lucky but so much rain today and so much mopping up !

Sun keeps breaking through now !

How was your holiday !

Changes at the Maxx Royal and a renovated beach bar which will be bigger !

Be lovely to see you in October and auntiewee !

We are going to the Riu Kaya Palazzo on Tuesday !

We are sat in the lobby at the Calista right now , you will be able to picture us ! Great live music on !

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Toady,

Your making me so jealous - the wonderful Maxx Royal yesterday and now the lovely Calista Luxury!

I can just picture you in the lovely lounge enjoying good branded international drinks while listening to the live music - ENJOY!

Diane x

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

sounds like your having a lovely time, weather is good here, i hope it dont rain much there, 2 days for me to get to belek :D

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi dawn

It was warm enough last night to walk out without a jacket and had started to brighten up late afternoon !

Yes my daughter said the kids were in the paddling pool yesterday ! I thought she was joking because I said how awful it was here !

Have a great holiday !

Edited: 19 April 2014, 06:59
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Diane

Had a lovely time at the Calista last night and it has a really lovely feel to it !

Not in a rush to leave !

Yes the Maxx visit was an unexpected bonus !

Love the Horse bar as do you and I had a drink there for you ! Lol x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Exceeding expectation ! "Live " from the Voyage Belek

Hi Alan

Thanks for the good wishes, we are having a lovely holiday but the weather is still a bit iffy today but here at the Calista they are preparing the pool bar so hopefully a good sign !

Just noticed how lovely the beach towels are here and not tatty like a lot of hotels and those sun beds look so inviting so hope to try them out today before we leave !

Three years today my dear dad passed away while we were in Turkey and going to raise a glass In his memory! We brought him to Turkey aged 80 for what was his last holiday ! He loved it and had never been All Inclusive and he was spoilt rotten! He was amazed that his drink was there before he even opened his mouth !

Fond memories !