We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain!

Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rain!

I know, there is nothing anyone can do about it but wanted to share my frustration! Flying out on Tuesday and its looking like rain and low twenties temps! Disappointing.com!!

When it rains in Turkey, how long does it last, does it generally dry up quite quickly?

Edited: 25 April 2014, 16:56
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain!

I really don't think the weather is 100% accurate. I have been there a few times when it has been overcast and normally doesn't last long. I fly out Sunday so it better be decent weather!!

Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain!

Lets hope so Hayles!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain!

Hi sooziebabes

The other morning it rained but was clear by 10 am but then last Friday it was properly raining but even then by 4 pm it was clearing !

It was glorious today after an overcast start to the day !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain!

Before we left Scotland the forecast had 3 days of torrential rain and we had one afternoon of rain during our stay , which we needed to recover from too many cocktails!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain!

I've just had a look at the forecast and it looks like it's going to be cooler whe. We stay, fingers crossed it changes x

Level Contributor
206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain!

It rained solidly for 3 days last time I went. But it was such a fab hol it didn't matter. Never said that before!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain!

Hi all

I think we have been blessed as 3 years ago at the same time the weather was not great ! I think we have had June like weather the last 3 days and really hot ! In fact like the hottest summer weather back home !

We walked the beach yesterday just before midday and thankfully there was a slight breeze !

Last night we sat here at the Laguna bar in short sleeves until just before 9 pm when we went to the Japanese and it was lovely sat there !

Hope the forecasts are wrong for you all ,

Beautiful blue sky today !

When it rained last Friday it was a nightmare for the staff to keep the water out and glad I brought my brolly as being out in the grounds you have to get to reception for a brolly ! Maybe an idea to have them in the rooms in the outside blocks !

Level Contributor
206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain!

Toady. We had brollys everywhere at NY. They were in every room and every doorway. That's strange that they haven't now?!

Scotland
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain!

We were the same in March lilsuz, we had brolly in room and they were hanging outside rooms as well.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain!

Yes I heard if it rains they put brolleys outside the room but they had not got to us !

I think in the blocks it would be good to have them in the wardrobe.

There were loads available just at reception but when it is raining so hard your bound to get wet going that short distance !