We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyage sparkly stuff!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Voyage sparkly stuff!

Hi all!

Just finished packing my case and hoping to take some prosecco over with us but I did read in a previous post that you are able to get champagne or prosecco if you ask for it at certain bars? I have tried the moscato and a sparkling pear flavour but found those too sweet! It would save me luggage space if this was the case!

Thanks

Hayles

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

Hi Hayles

Nine times out of ten it is the fruity pear offering but they have a better one in some bars ! Not bothered to ask where.

I like the light fruity one, not a great quality I suppose but nice and light and refreshing at lunch !

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

I kinda thought that, in that case two bottles of prosecco it is! Thanks

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

Hayles, would you kindly please post if you find the "real stuff" ie grape wine, not fruit wine, at any of the bars, and where? And how you ask for it? And is it served for breakfast at the main buffet and/or adult restaurant?

Many thanks

hove, sussex
Level Contributor
142 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

Ladies we had the same problem at the VB last year. When we visit the Maxx will they have some nicer fizz? If so what is it? Sooo looking forward to the maxx I am worried no hotel will match it!!! Then where do we go as not sure the maxx will be in the budget for next year!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

Hi Angela I will check out the better stuff today for you, I had not forgotten but usually have the fruity one here as it is just light for during the day !

I only have wine if we go to the A la Carte and that is okayish ! I think the planet bar does have a better one!

Romanchicks

Yes the Maxx Royal is an hard act to follow ! The new beach bar is great although still waiting for finishing touches when we saw it. So much bigger now and having a cover over it ! It has a great new small stage and new lighting ! I am giddy at the thought of going there in October.

They are having a fabulous new entertainment area currently being built which will be for over 16's and adults.

Walking past yesterday down the beach it looks much bigger than what we can see from here at the adult pool!

It is going to be run by an outside company from Italy I think with international acts and DJ 's !

I might suggest you take a look at the Riu Kaya Palazzo as really lovely if the Maxx is out of reach ! They had 3 types of fizz on ice in the foyer ! Loved our visit there this week! The patisserie there is the best I have seen with savoury nibbles and canopies and in there they have every drink imagineable ! It is like a comfy lounge with nice sofas ! N

I have decided that we will try to go once a year to the Maxx Royal as it is in a different league ! Even if only for a week low season !

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

toady, just a quick one.

with staying at the voyage, surely you are not able to just walk in and have a drink at the bars there? I know it's the sister hotel but if that's the case you would get everyone going in for some nicer fizz! ;)

Hayles

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

oh sorry i forgot to add I am referring to the Maxx

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

As explained before you can go on the 4.20 pm tour from the VB but we went over one evening to show our son ! We were invited to as they knew we were with him and asked where is your son ! He was studying then plays football at 5pm so did not come ! We are going again in October so happy to see the changes and to tell everyone about them !

I never said we nip over there but anyone can go for a tour and you get the good fizz and a chocolate strawberry !

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

may give that a bash!

hove, sussex
Level Contributor
142 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Voyage sparkly stuff!

Sorry another little question about the fizz. What do you ask for? We asked for Prosecco or cava in the VB and they brought us some saki! Caused confusion.

Also going in October and VERY excited. Did have a look at the titanic delux, plus wondered if there are some new ones being built for next year in some different areas as seem to keep going to belek or lara! Toady I have tried to cost for the Kai Palazzo before as it does look nice but it descent seem to come up with the normal sites, which company would you recommend to try and cost for it??

Thank you