We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much more rain

4 posts
Save Topic
How much more rain

It rained from 11am yesterday, all day & night and today it's like a typhoon - non stop and absolutely terrible out there. Thank God I'm in the lovely Kaya Palazzo!

Please can we have the sun back in Belek!

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much more rain

Antalya rain even made it onto the news last night! Hope it brightens up for you very soon

Best wishes, Angela

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much more rain

The forecast had been for rain recently that never came and sounds like it was stored up !

Agree though the Riu Kaya Palazzo is an excellent hotel if your stuck indoors !

We had one day with some really heavy rain at the Voyage Belek and in the Laguna blocks and a problem getting out of the room without getting soaked !

Hope your in the main building !

Enjoy ! It is awful here and last night we sat in the car for 15 minutes on the supermarket car park waiting for a lull !

Know where I would rather be !

Maybe you could write your first review if your short of things to do ! Lol

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much more rain

We fly out tomorrow and will make the most of whatever. At least it's a week of relaxation and being fed and "watered".

Anyone know of any webcams in the area?

Seems the whole Med is having rainy days. This one is Ayia Napa, Cyprus...

http://adamsbeachwebcam.com/

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much more rain

Hi Ian sorry i mean Sue!

Just looked as I recalled the username ! Lol

Shame the weather has turned but hopefully just a blip !

How was your Anniversary meal ?

Trouble when it rains they keep insisting on fill your glass ! x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much more rain

Hi Marion

Hopefully it will be blue skies again tomorrow by the time you land !

Have a good flight and a great holiday !

The review i read today from a 4th timer sounds more like it as they can compare ! x

Edited: 09 May 2014, 11:53
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much more rain

yes my friend who works there messaged me last night and said it was wet and windy and had a sad face! hope it brightens up for you :)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much more rain

Hi Ann, sorry for confusion as I pick up the Ipad & post and then realise that hubby is signed in lol!

Anniversary was fabulous - they decorated our bed with flowers, delivered a cake with candles, strawberries dipped in chocolate, an absolutely massive platter of fruit, a bottle of champers & a lovely letter. Went to dinner in the Beirut Al a carte which is lovely may I add - they decorated the table with flowers, more champagne, service was excellent and the food was gorgeous.

As the weather is so bad even now, we went to see the reservations manager this morning and to cut along story short we requested & got a complimentary upgrade and were given an upgrade to a Seaview suite for the rest of out stay!!! Massive happy grin as you can imagine! Happy girl in stormy Belek lol!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much more rain

Hi Sue !

What a great result with the upgrade ! How did you manage that ! What better way to spend the day moving to an upgraded room ! Is it one with pool access and the huge bathroom ? The room she showed us was beautiful with the dark wood furniture !

I loved the look of the Lebanese Restaurant so classy I thought !

We will go to that one for sure ! In summer they open up the doors I think she said and have seating outside to !

They really made a great effort for you yesterday !

Hope the weather picks up there tomorrow !

Enjoy your evening !

leicester
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much more rain

Hi Sue and Ian

Glad to see you enjoyed your anniversary , shame about the weather .

Great news about you being upgraded .

I did pm via tripadvisor don't know wether you received!

Any way hope weather gets better and enjoy the rest of your holiday

Kind regards

Alan

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much more rain

Hi Ann, yes they really did, such lovely friendly staff here.

We dressed up, went to reception and asked to see the reservations manager. Told him what a fantastic holiday we were having and said was there any chance of experiencing a complimentary upgraded room. Having been to Turkey 19 times I used a few Turkish words etc but was just myself really and bingo - I really didnt expect it but felt cheeky!!!

We've got a seaview suite which is exactly the same as the swim up suites but with a double balcony and amazing 4th floor view in the crest!!!

It's all dark wood with 2 bathrooms, 2 massive TVs & lounge area, amazing view in a different side of the crest which is really lovely.

The Lebanese was truly lovely too and service was brilliant. They have the crest water side outside dining area for all the restaurants & when the weather warms it will be fab. Breakfast in the main dining area waterside is so lovely we can't stop smiling, so many lovelys lol!

I'll try the steak & fish later in the week too. We've booked the Al a carte Breakfast for tomorrow which is in the Italian.

Sue xx