We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Arcadia

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just back from Arcadia

Hi

Just returned yesterday from Belek. Can honestly say we have had a lovely family holiday. Thought I'd post so if anyone has questions I can try to help.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Hi James

Pleased you had a lovely holiday !

It really does have a nice feel to this hotel!

I was just recommending it to someone earlier !

I am sure you will get asked a few questions !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Really glad you had a good time! We go on Saturday! Can I take it from your user name you enjoy your food and the Arcadia didn't disappoint???

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Hi

Glad you had a great holiday!

We are looking to book the Arcadia for next year for a group of us (14). Do you think we will be ok with getting tables/seats for meals and drinks?

Also we understand that some drinks are not included in the AI concept, what is not included and what are the charges and how do they manage the charging??

Many thanks in advance for your help

Karis

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Well if I'm honest you won't go hungry but the Brits are a minority at this hotel. When we arrived on the 1st we were 1 of 3 British family's. There are more arriving every week but the majority of guests are Russian and German and the food is tailored for them. In main restaurant it's repetitive day and night but the outdoor terrace has a few different specials every evening. I would recommend the ala carts both Chinese and Italian the foods lovely and the BBQ is good you cook it yourself which is a change in the daily carnage of the restaurant.

Only downsides to the restaurant is it gets very busy, there are some rude guests and dinner time is almost like feeding time at the zoo. People pushing shoving and queuing 30 minutes for a plate of strawberries!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Arcadia

The drinks as far as I know I never paid for anything from Champagne to branded spirits. Only thing I paid for was the branded ice creams.

Inside of the restaurant if you have a word with the staff you may get a couple of tables pushed together but outside they struggled to sit more then 8 on one table but you could all sit by each other. There were some large groups of 10+ they all seamed to eat with or next to each other just fine.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Hi James

The hotel does get a lot more Brits in summer !

The food tends to get repetative in all the hotels but as you say the A la Carte's break it up !

We tend to select a few food types at one go when we have a buffet whereas at home you have the one main course.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Yeah there was more Brits arriving as the week progressed I can imagine there being a lot in the peak summer.

Like I said you won't go hungry and would book into the additional restaurants they do have a further 2 but they were not open yet.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Yeah there was more Brits arriving as the week progressed I can imagine there being a lot in the peak summer.

Like I said you won't go hungry and would book into the additional restaurants they do have a further 2 but they were not open yet.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Glad You had a Great Trip! I have a couple of questions - What was the sea like for swimming? What was the tipping situation? Did people feel the need to tip during the holiday or did people tip at the end?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Arcadia

Hi joobeloo

I went for a swim in the sea, water depends in the weather some days it was too choppy, plenty people were I the sea but someday only knee deep. They have a safe section marked out so that the boats are away from swimmers.

Tips they have boxes at the entrance of the restaurants and on the bars. Not once was I pushed or asked to tip. The choice is completely yours.