We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived at the VB

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Arrived at the VB

Not the best of starts. Landed at 2045 but didn't leave airport till 2205! Waited on the transfer coach for a German flight to land after us and their passengers to get their baggage and then waited for a missing passenger who never turned up anyway and only got moving when an angry Brit got off the coach and insisted we go and suggested bunging the missing person in a taxi if and when they arrived. Rep useless. A better time once we arrived at VB. Our party consists of 3 adults and we'd booked a standard room in B Block but were upgraded to a family room which is so much bigger in all respects. Thank you guest relations. A great day today as weather, food, staff and cocktails have all been their usual excellent standard. Just left the beach bar and the three of us are getting ready for our ending out.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived at the VB

JM hopefully after a few cocktails and some lovely meals the dodgy start will fade away and you will enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Peter

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrived at the VB

Hi,

At least you are there (at last), are you travelling with Thomas Cook by any chance? if you are please could i trouble you to forward me their helpline local number

We arrive on Wednesday 21st and don't need the transfer coach - i was going to look for the rep with a clipboard on the forecourt to cross us off her list but if i can advise ahead of time that may help?

Please save us some Magnums!

How is the weather?

Have a fabulous time - see you soon

Best wishes, Angela

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrived at the VB

Sorry to hear you got off to a bad start.

We booked our transfers separately as we wanted to get there sooner as opposed to drop offs. Our package included transfers and I made a point of contacting Thomas cook by email and telephone to advise them that we were not taking the transfer. Turns out their was a delay and passengers waited for ages, turns out waiting on us! I was absolutely raging as I would be angry too! We informed the Thomas Cook rep at the voyage to make sure our name was taken off the list for our return pick up and when the rep arrived to collect other parties, I checked and guess what...our name was still on the list! Totally unacceptable!

I hope you enjoy your holiday, have fun!

Edited: 16 May 2014, 17:50
Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrived at the VB

Thanks Hayles

I tried to find a contact email to get the message through but no luck

As a last resort we'll advise the airport rep on the forecourt, i would hate to cause other passengers delay, it's bad enough waiting for all the pushchairs and golf clubs to be unloaded.... Thankfully we have none of those, not anymore anyway

Not long since you were last there, how come you are returning so soon? Lucky you

X regards Angela

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrived at the VB

Hi Angela,

We go away again on 29 May for two weeks but when I was there at the end of April, it was sort of last minute and got a good deal. Our next trip was booked last April and booked again for next year! Much excited! X

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrived at the VB

I'd always send them a message on Facebook if you can, but we were advised to tell the Rep on arrival (there are stands where you get your name checked off outside.

I may well do the same for our trip in September based on what you've said and the reminder that you drop off at other hotels first.

Can anyone recommend a private transfer company as the last time we did it to Barut Lara it was a joke!

Think we booked with Holiday Extras.

Enjoy your holiday JM :)

Edited: 17 May 2014, 14:13
Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrived at the VB

Thank you bugalug

We normally use a2b but heard a few bad stories on the forum so have booked suntransfers.com, private minivan £30 each way to Belek for 4 of us. We've only booked airport arrival and will still use TC for return transfer - their responsibility to get us back to the airport on time. I will update if any problems.

Happy holidays everyone

X Angela

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrived at the VB

Angela double check your return because if you're not on the bus from airport they may well take you off the return. Check with rep in resort.

I've been quoted £47 for a return private car for 2 with Sun Transfers

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrived at the VB

Hi bugalug

£47 seems very reasonable, £60 return for us but we're a foursome

To be on the safe side i'll notify the rep on airport duty on arrival and check with the in resort rep during our stay

Hopefully they'll be more efficient than when Hayles tried.

Roll on wednesday - can't wait x Angela

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrived at the VB

We have never had any problems before but think we should have been notified if we were going to have to wait for a second arrival flight then we could have had a choice about transfers. The resort First Choice rep said that there had been many complaints about the airport lately and a manager was going out to take a look. We've had another great day. Yesterday was intermittent clouds in the morning with blue sky from 12ish but still warm all day (I burnt my eye lids - oops) and today was pure blue skies fro the beginning but with a welcome breeze on the beach. Off to the Greek now - no problem booking this morning.