We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Where to stay

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Help! Where to stay

Hi all

We're at that time of year when we start thinking about where to go in September.

in previous years we've stayed at the WoW Bodrum and paloma renaissance neither of which have really hit the spot. We like a quiet time away with nice a la cartes and space on the beach or around the pool, so we're not on top of others.

We're looking at the voyage belek, barut kemer and the calista. What would people recommend, we're a couple in our 30s and not looking for parties etc just a relaxed holiday.

Thanks in advance.

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Where to stay

Hi jwl

The hotels on your shortlist are lovely and a much higher standard than the World of Wonders & Paloma chains - i haven't researched the Barut Kemer. Although the Voyage does have adult only areas it does attract a lot of families in the summer season and you may end up with noisy neighbours. I had a tour of the Calista last week and loved it, a mixture of ages but not overrun with either kids or pensioners. The pier bar is wonderful, you catch a gentle breeze with stunning views. Their entertainment & food are excellent and the decor is beautiful.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

angela

Edited: 06 June 2014, 07:31
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Where to stay

What about Gloria Serenity. Beautiful hotel, spacious with choice of a la cartes included. Although not child free it is not geared towards children so not so popular with families. Although I haven't been yet, we are booked to go beginning of September. I chose it after lots of research into all the different hotels in Belek area as my husband will be playing golf and the kids are staying at home!

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Where to stay

Hi JWl,

Without doubt the Calista would fulfil all of your needs!

Plenty of space,great A la Cartes,full selection of Premium drinks,luxury at it,s best!

There are families there,but they tend to stick to their own areas as the facilities for children are fabulous!

The padded mattresses on the sun beds are legendary,the food is excellent,the rooms spacious ,well furnished and luxurious!

The entertainment can be as lively or as laid back as you wish! It,s there if you need it,but there are lovely quiet bars and the Pier bar is the best of it,s kind in Belek,with a full drinks selection,excellent Barmen ,waitress service ( from late afternoon) and an awesome view of the Mediterranean Sea,my personal favourite!

The whole place is spotless,the gardens are beautiful and well kept and the place although massive,has an intimate almost villagey feel to it! Add to this the best Guest Relations team in Belek and you have quite a package!

Thank goodness I,m returning there in July!

Book it,you won,t be sorry!

Pat

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Where to stay

Thanks for the suggestions, very much leaning towards the calista now.

In early spetember is there likely to be any issues getting a sunbed? also is there a reasonable amount of space between the sunbeds.

Is there a list anywhere of the branded drinks/cocktails that are available.

Thanks in advance.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Where to stay

Hi

Your choices are so different but I would discount the Voyage Belek as it is a great family hotel but we went at Easter and would not go back there. We loved our room and the Laguna area which was a little oasis of calm There are adult areas but the sun beds are so close together ! We felt uncomfortable sunbathing there with the snack bar and bar to one side and not really relaxing. People rave about drink choice but it is not on a par with the Calista and some other hotels we have stayed at.

We had one night at the Calista and this is our type of hotel. Classy and relaxing. If you read my review I posted a photo of the drink choice at the pool bar. They have upgraded the already excellent drink choice this summer, I was drinking Remy Martin here and real Baileys ! You get your mixer separate in the lobby in small glass bottled which I prefer. The included wine in the Italian we visited was not the usual house wine but we had a lovely Chardonay ! Sun beds are plentiful and not hemmed in and they and are some of the nicest you will see.The beach towels are already on the beds and no silly cards and you can change then as required.

The heated pool is a huge bonus !

A forum friend went to the Barut Kemer recently and we are huge Barut fans having stayed 8 times at the Barut Lara but she said you would not like this Barut Ann .

We stayed at the Paloma Renaissance in 2010 and liked it but believe it has dropped in standard since we stayed and a new Manager took over but it is being renovated this winter ! We have stayed at the Paloma Pasha in Ozdere and had a fabulous holiday so I would not tar all Paloma hotels with the same brush !

Calista gets my vote !

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Where to stay

Thanks for your reply, we're going to go for the calista.

The paloma was nice but didn't really have the wow factor, the grounds were great with lots of sunbathing space on the grassy areas. Maybe will go back after the re furb.

5 years ago we stayed at the excellence playa mujares in Mexico and we've been trying to find something to match it for some time now.

Back to the calista, are there any rooms that are better to ask for than others? We're there for our anniversary which a La carte would people recommend for this?

Cheers,

South Wales
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Where to stay

We are in the Cornelia Deluxe at the moment and had a tour of the Calista yesterday, We were really impressed with everything the hotel had to offer. We have also stayed in the wow in Bodrum and there is no comparison.

The Calista is luxurious, so much so that this morning we changed our booking from a Thomson Al a carte hotel to the Calista in Sept and lost £200 deposit in the process.

There is even a helicopter for private hire in the grounds 900 euros for half an hour, which we would have done had we not lost our £200 deposit to Thomson (only joking).

Seriously it's a beautiful resort.

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Where to stay

Totally echo the others suggestions about the Calista , fab hotel and great value .

Regards Helen

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Where to stay

Hi, forget the barut kemer - its noisy and the worst barut hotel in the portfolio.

norfolk uk
Level Contributor
411 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Where to stay

Hi

We are going to the calista for the first time this September so I cannot advise but we have been to the Gloria serenity the last two years they have plenty of sun beds will often upgrade to Laguna for free if asked loads of private places to sunbathe free a la cartes that we enjoyed most premium drinks you can think of classy entertainment if wanted. The pier is lovely and the daytime a la cartes have fab food Italian our favourite. We are just trying something different this year. It has been the most relaxing hotel we have been too. Hope this helps.

Karen