We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Please can anyone advise if there is somewhere to eat if we arrive at 10pm.

We've just returned from Voyage Belek which has a 24 hour bistro, perfect for light meals, and are hoping there will be something similar at Xanadu - visiting in September, any other tips for this Hotel greatly appreciated

Thank you, regards Angela

Mentioned in this post
Voyage Belek Golf & Spa
Voyage Belek Golf & Spa
6,773 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Simply Caddie Beach Restaurant
££ - £££, Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood
Cafe Istanbul Restaurant
££ - £££, European, Turkish, Central European
Spice Garden Indian Restaurant
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Hi Angela

As far as I remember , there is a 24 hour bar which serves food , obviously restricted meals e.g. burger etc but certainly can get something to eat and drink.

Lovely hotel , gorgeous grounds

Try the breakfast in the Secret garden

Regards

Helen

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Thank you Helen,

It's based on your review that we booked a family suite in the Secret Garden - i'm looking forward to the pretty pools but more recent reviews aren't glowing regarding food & service - fingers crossed it will be fine, too late to change it without losing money as was booked as a package, next year's trips are DIY so more flexible.

Where are you off to next? i've enjoyed your posts, especially the Calista thread. - sold it to me!

Best wishes, Angela

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Thanks very much Angela, I appreciate how helpful TA is to me when choosing .

we are very lucky as have a long weekend bkoked for September in Genoa , Italy ( friend has a house there) and late October going to Costa Adeje , Tenerife ( did my research of course) as my sister will be there at the same time .

Lots of other plans ...always looking at holidays :)) may even look at a late deal for august

Enjoy the Xanadu (Don't miss the BBQ lunch in the gardens , chefs in whites , beautiful music - lovely experience ) and the Calista , I sure you will.

Best wishes Helen

Mentioned in this post
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,960 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Hi Angela

Not wanting to alarm you Angela but I was just reading the reviews and read wisteriabrittany's review and she loves this hotel ! The new owners seem to have let standards slip !!

Her daughter luckily took my advice and booked the Xanadu Island for her honeymoon !

There are a few recent negative reviews.

Have you actually paid the balance yet?

Toulon, France
Level Contributor
344 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

I actually feel like a turn-coat Toady! but had to be true. I am sure anyone going for the first or even second tie would not notice. Card holders will.

We are still going in September, with the friends we go with we would have a great holiday were ever we go. Regulars were chatting about the new owners possibly marketing the Russian guests, there were the majority but, unlike several years ago, they weren't the wealthy ones with nanny's etc and a couple of guests mentioned they saw the Russian guests getting 2 presents on arrival instead of our one. Plus there was no present on the birthday too. Cut backs were noticeable but like I say not to the first timers.

They are planning lots of renovation work over the winter and although its possible I perssnaly will be surprised if it completed for next spring. But, I could be wrong. I 'm going to pack a cleaner spray and cloth to return the lifts to their usual polished standard in September lol

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,960 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Yes I was really surprised as I always enjoy your reviews and I know you love it so much.

I would be packing the cleaner to and some dettox !! lol

It is cut backs in food choices I read and next it will be something else maybe the drink choices !

We had a tour of the Riu Kaya Palazzo at Easter where we are going in late August and they have ultra modern lifts which must be a nightmare to clean but they sparkled ! First impressions are important and most of the 5 star hotels have an army of cleaners going round continually !

At least your giving it another chance and hope they read the reviews !!

Mentioned in this post
Kaya Palazzo Golf Resort
Kaya Palazzo Golf Resort
2,152 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Toulon, France
Level Contributor
344 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

They have opened up the secret garden at night for dinner so I can only assume that they have moved some of the BBQ's from main buffet and not replaced them. There was obvious less choice of meat though. The Italian was great though and so was the Chinese. They have started a new fish restaurant down by the beach - on the grass. It is 10 euros per head for this pleasure. Menu wasn't inspiring and t was fish you can get for free at main buffet but if you want a change and fancy dinning on the grass its your choice. Half of our group don't like fish so we didn't bother.

The staff are wonderful, so we do hope their jobs will be secure. There is a lot of uncertainty.

Maybe the new owners wont be interested in return guests? we will just have to wait and see.

Personally I think there will be a big migration to the island.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,960 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Has the Island stayed in the same hands ?

Will you get our loyality rewards there ?

It is a shame that they are not wanting to keep their loyal guests happy !

They had started to rise in the ratings to !

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

Hi Ann - yes i am a little anxious - i hope the xanadu are monitoring the reviews - no responses posted.

We've paid the balance as this trip is a package holiday with Thomas Cook. next years trips are all DIY so can change if need be. The Xanadu is still expensive for next year via Thomas Cook - with so much competition in the Belek area you'd expect them to be trying harder - let alone dropping the basic cleaning standards

We're going 19th September, hopefully time for management to pull their socks up.

Is it worth emailing guest relations that we are concerned by recent reviews?

Best wishes, Angela

Mentioned in this post
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Toulon, France
Level Contributor
344 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xanadu - late arrival dining options & tips please

It was just Belek that was sold.

The nights at Belek, again assuming, wont be added to our cards because they keep saying we don't know. So you can only think that they would know if they were, maybe they think if they tell everyone they wont get their nights accredited they will cancel holiday and go to the island instead. We were only 2 nights from our platinum giving us a free week next year :-( which we would of got this September. Never mind.

Mentioned in this post
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey