We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currency

Hello

I'm travelling to belek in September and have no idea what currency to take with me? I'm hearing some mixed reviews to take lira then some others it's Euro then other people say English notes? I've been before to Belek and took lira. Everyone tho was priced in euro an got quite confusing? This was 2 years ago tho so everything may have changed since then?

Could someone help please?

Thanks

Michelle

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

We only brought Lira, the exchange rate is brilliant on Lira and they buy back for free in UK as it's currently in demand), not so good on Euro so definitely the best deal for us last week. You're right though, everything is priced in Euro but if you ask for Lira price they will give it to you.

For example, euro price for 2 black coffee in hospital in belek (don't ask!) was EU2 (nearly £2) but lira price was 5 Lira (£1.50), so for us, getting Lira has worked out better (assuming you get a good exchange rate!)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

Hello thanks for your reply. I think I will just take lira as usual then. Sorry to hear about your hospital trip I saw your thread. Glad you got looked after ok tho it puts your mind at ease a little. Thanks :)

Edited: 16 June 2014, 10:09
Leeds, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Hi there,

How good was the exchange rate out there in Turkey? There are a lot of banks/exchange bureaus here that aren't selling Lira and advise to buy Lira out there as the rates are really good. Can you confirm/advise from your experience? Apparently this is a recent thing :S.

4. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16