We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi all - having never been to Belek before, I was hoping someone on here could offer some recommendations as to which adult only hotels come out on top in this area? Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi

The only adult hotel I can think of is the Sensimar and it is in an area called Bogankent .

There are a few hotels with adult only areas !

In Side there are two adult and over 16 hotels called the Barut Andiz and the Commodore Elite. There is also the Alba Royal which has no children under 14

None of these hotels in Side have branded drinks and the Andiz is not 24 hour All inclusive.

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi toady - thanks for your response.

Good to know I can rely on a fellow Boltonian !!!

I suppose we would consider a non adults only hotel as long as there were some adult only areas poolside & dining. We have only been to Turkey once and that was to the Hilton Dalaman for a quick week not long after it first opened. I'd like to explore more of Turkey so would be really interested to hear your views as you seem very clued-up. We have been spoiled at some amazing 5 star Mexico adult only resorts but the long flight is such a killer so looking at Turkey as an alternative as we can generally only travel late spring/early autumn and need somewhere with pretty good guaranteed weather for those times of year. Again, any advice much appreciated.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi

Well yes Bolton born and bred but we live in Derybyshire now but go home to see family ! We will move "back home" when my husband retires !

So you will be looking for something of a nice quality after Mexico ! Our last visit there was 2005 and Hurricane Wilma put us off going back since !

What exactly is important to you and when are you looking to go?

Belek is a good base and the better quality hotels are there and a few good ones in Lara Beach !

I have only been to Side once but would go there if I could find an hotel to match the standard we like.

You can get to Side easily from Belek and worth going !

I would suggest hotels with an heated pool so that limits your choice early and late season !

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi again - jeez, I remember hurricane Wilma !! We were in Naples, Florida and had mandatory evacuation & had to head North. It actually made landfall at Naples & watching the news from the safety of our hotel room in Orlando was surreal as we had been there less than 18 hours earlier !!!

I guess what we are looking for is somewhere with 5 star service and ammenities. We really like a nice big well furnished room with a large balcony. Nice pool area and a choice of dining options. I don't mind buffet at breakfast and lunch but quite like a la carte of an evening. We are probably looking at mid September time so hopefully if we can't find an adults only - at least the kids should be back in school. Where would you recommend? I've heard the Gloria properties are good? Thanks again :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
28 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hey you ...... Thinking of going to Belek ? I was on this forum and saw your names tee Hee xxxxx

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi

Yes we flew out as Hurricane Wilma was on its way but we had not heard as we stayed overnight at Bewleys on the Airport ! We arrived to the windows being boarded up ! We had an awful time spending 4 nights in a school building which thankfully was new and hurricane proof to an extent but we were struggling to keep water out ! You were very lucky then ! We had been to Mexico for 3 weeks over Christmas up until New Year's Eve in 2004 and loved it .

Anyhow back to Belek. Most hotels have several A la Carte's but most charge for them. The Gloria hotels do have some inclusive visits per week depending on which Hotel.You can use the other hotels but pay to dine there but at a reduced rate say if you dine at one of the other hotels A la Carte's or have drinks ! I have not stayed here but it is a well regarded chain. The Gloria hotels get many repeat guests and a respected forum member and repeat guest at the Serenity and Golf prefers the Golf over the Serenity. My only slight concern is that they also have half board guests so you have to show a card for drinks etc and it could be awkward if you met friends on half board when it comes to ordering drinks !

The hotel with the most included Restaurants is the Voyage Belek you get one free visit to each per stay and it has two with a charge but you will have children there in September. We went this Easter and had issues and would probably not go back. It has a huge fan base but it did not really tick all our boxes.in my view more a great family hotel but other couples seem to love it. It is expensive now and in my view there are better options!

The sister hotel the Maxx Royal had spoilt us to be fair and this is the high end hotel of this chain. The A la Carte's are all with a charge though and this hotel is rather expensive unless so go say October like we did last year. In summer it tends to be mainly wealthy Eastern Europeans that can afford to go. We are going back in October and again January but we are not usually so extravagant but it is for my special birthday and our 20th anniversary.There are no local drinks here and everything is top notch and my husband loves the draught Guinness here and bottled Becks ! They do have Bistro 21 with waiter service and food cooked to order,this is included and as the name suggests is open 21 hours ! You can get late breakfast here and there is a nice outdoor terrace with sea views!

There is the new Regnum Carya which is after the top spot and again it is high end and expensive and charges for the A la Carte Restaurants. I have booked this for next year and again a good drinks choice and the Guinness!

We had one night at the Calista Luxury at Easter and really like this hotel and it has lovely pools and great sun beds and again a great drinks choice. There is a charge for the A la Carte's but only 10 euro's here and the included wine in the Restaurants is a good quality. The smaller heated pool is heated all year and as i say the sun beds here are great and loads available ! It is a Thomson exclusive.

A more affordable option and the one we are going to in late August is the Riu Kaya Palazzo, it is only 12 months old and has a very good All Inclusive package.There are two included A la Carte's here with no restrictions but both are outside near the beach.The others are with a charge.It has good drinks but for some odd reason no inclusive wine in the A la Carte's but you can have drinks and sparkling wine ! A few hit and miss reviews but we have visited twice and liked what we saw and price wise it is great value for money.

Maybe read some of my reviews on these hotels !

Other forum members will have their favourites !

Belek generally has the better All Inclusive hotels.

norfolk uk
Level Contributor
411 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi

If you have to choose a family hotel we find going in September good as there are very low numbers of children because of school. If you go between June and end of August there are a lot we have just returned from the Regnum it has separate adult pool and inside seating, not separate outdoor. The staff did allow some well behaved children by the pool I think they felt pressured into allowing them by parents.

As others have said there are many good hotels in Belek , Maxx Royal, Gloria hotels.

Karen

Edited: 20 June 2014, 10:18
Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

The thing we noticed about going mid-September was the huge number of "babes-on-boobs" and toddlers... and therefore strollers. And parents would wheel their kids sitting in their high-chairs to collect food from the buffet.

But we are returning this September as the weather and entertainment programme is so good.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi Karen

That is good to know about the adult areas at Regnum but there are always those that will not take notice of the rules !

I saw your comment about the entertainment at the Regnum and hope they listen to people's comments !

We love the horse bar and circa bar at the Maxx Royal and the new beach club sounds great to !

Look forward to your review !

norfolk uk
Level Contributor
411 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is the best Adults Only hotel in Belek?

Hi Angel yes we have had some babes but not too many guess it just depends but your right September is a great time of year.

Hi Toady

Yes I will be reviewing and would go back they said the entertainment was low key as it's a golfing hotel.

They thought it was good enough to have a few party's inside the rouge bar which is ok if the weathers bad but on lovely warm evenings you expect to be able to sit outside and enjoy some music and dancing and there was just the pool bar playing very low key music with just a few people sitting there. Even inside there were only 3 live performances in the 10 days we were there they were very good but only lasted a short time.

They did have 2 outdoor parties for private corporate event so got turned away not nice when G R sent us down saying there was a party for guests . We ended up at the pier bar instead and met Gowrie and her hubby

But there were only 8 people there as well.

I did tell G R that a lot of people like to enjoy their evenings outside on the day we left I did see something advertised for their outdoor arena so hope they get things started outside now, then it would be perfect.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 11:55