We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calista late arrival

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Calista late arrival

Hi everyone

We are going to the Calista in September arriving about 11pm do they provide a late night snack and does anyone know what they are like?

Thanks

Karen

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calista late arrival

Hi Krazykaz

If you read this review, bearing in mind this was September 2013 however 24 hr room service is available. I am sure it will have improved since then.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g312725-d6…

Hayles

manchester
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calista late arrival

Hi ,

we stayed at the calista last September and like you we had a late arrival , about 10.30 pm I think . by the time we had gone up to check out the room then had a wonder and a couple of drinks the midnight buffet opened , not a massive choice but enough to keep to keep you going . not sure but don't think the room service was within the all inc .

A fantastic hotel , enjoy

karen

Edited: 20 June 2014, 15:44
norfolk uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calista late arrival

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calista late arrival

Yes midnight buffet available , not great choice but at least there's something to eat. There's room service available too, ata small service charge , 10 euros I think .

Regards Helen

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calista late arrival

I hate the way the late flights into antalya mean you can be paying 300 euros plus for a first night where you basically eat a snack type meal, grab a drink, go for a quick walk and goto sleep!!!

From now on I am booking diy and first night in antalya for fraction of the cost. Nice turkish bath to get a skin peel for a fraction of the price and then taxi to hotel for a first day where I get my money's worth in the all inclusive!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calista late arrival

Standard double room Calista in july

392 pounds per night all inclusive

When you think about it then it really is incredible that most Brits arrive at Hotels like this close to midnight and pay 392 pounds for the pleasure of a late night buffet or pizza room service and a couple of drinks before going to bed

We wouldn't consider this in England but we accept it when we go to Turkey!

The Hotels must be laughing at us that we do.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calista late arrival

Plus when you ask for a late check out on your last day they want you to pay for it

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,172 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calista late arrival

You get use of the All Inclusive for the whole of the next day Right until pick up which could be late evening ! Also the holidays with night flights are cheaper !

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calista late arrival

Mmm Richard you have got me thinking there have you any suggestions for hotels near airport and idea of prices? Sounds like a good idea to me, anything to make my holiday money go that bit further which may mean staying longer!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calista late arrival

We have gone one step further and having a few nights in antalya before we goto lara beach

Family of four half board in 4 star best western khan is costing me 89 euros per night half board in a suite. Could have been even cheaper.

I am sure there are cheaper hotels nearer to the airport if all you want is somewhere to sleep

Compared to lots more than 300 euros per night at delphin diva

Plus we always spend a day in antalya/kaleici anyway plus we want to do a boat trip and rafting and turkish bath so may as well do that whilst staying in a much cheaper hotel than whilst we are all inclusive

Toady is correct you get the whole of the next day included all inclusive when you stay a night.

Flights may well be cheaper later at night but the hotels aren't giving me any discount for being a late arrival etc for sure so I may as well arrive 11am as arrive 11pm.

When I book my rooms on travel republic it doesn't ask me what time my flight arrives. I get the same room price regardless so the hotel is getting the same

I expect to arrive at delphin no later than 10am for my first day. Plus I have booked late flights back so we get our money's worth at the end of the holiday as well.

You have to play the system a bit IMO nowadays

The cost of hotels in antalya is very attractive and what you save can allow you longer holidays or better holidays if you mix and match a bit

We are doing 6 nights on antalya followed by 6 nights at delphin this time for same price as 8 nights in delphin.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 17:18