We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having a wobble...help!

Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Having a wobble...help!

We booked this time last year for Sept 30th this year for a week at the BL. This is for a ten year wedding anniversary for our first ever holiday without kids so we wanted something lovely.

I really booked because it's number one on TA and everyone raves about it.

However now I am a bit worried. We like the Voyage Belek for it's all inclusive package, the entertainment team and the a la cartes but we didn't want to go back there without the kids we wanted more luxury for our anniversary break.

I am not sure I am going to get luxury at the barut! I am worried about reserving sunbeds, towel cards etc but also really the luxury side of it.

I have looked at our dates and for roughly the same price now we could get the Cornelia diamond in belek or Delphin diva in lara beach. I could go into thomas cook and see how much they would charge to change hotels but am I worrying for nothing??

Has anyone got any thoughts on this and on the two other hotels I mentioned? Posting the antalya forum and the belek forum as I know not everyone goes on both.

Thanks for reading!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,496 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having a wobble...help!

Hi Sue

If your having a wobble maybe you are better changing your hotel !

It was never advertised as luxury and is similar to the VB in that it is not all glitz and chandeliers and more contemporary ! I certainly would not change it to another Lara hotel ! Well maybe the RHP as it is more luxurious but not as great an All inclusive package. It is very nice though and the A la Carte's are great there but they come with a charge after you first free visit per week to one ! 15 euro per person !

Level Contributor
579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having a wobble...help!

I'm having a wobble back now! Lol. I knew it wasn't luxury when I booked it so I don't know why I am worrying about it now.

Have you been to the diamond? I don't really want to spend any more money.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having a wobble...help!

I think you should go to the cornelia diamond but only if you are prepared to pay for the al a cartes. I've been to voyage, barut Lara and cornelia diamond together with some others. Cornelia diamond has much more Luxory feel than the barut and the voyage. Price wise it surprises me that the cornelia diamond is coming out similar to barut Lara and voyage. I would have though it warrants being more expensive to be honest.

I know you are a big voyage fan and I can see the appeal. I think cornelia diamond is fantastic but you won't get things like magnums and free al a cartes like you do at the voyage. What you will get is, in my opinion, much better al a cartes with lots more choice on the menu, fantastic service in all arrears and the big parties the likes of which you don't really see in the Lara area. The buffet at the diamond doesn't really have a Luxory feel to it which is why I say it's a great option but only if you are prepared to pay for the al a cartes.

No problem reserving sunbeds, no need for towel cards as you just get as many as you like when you like.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having a wobble...help!

If it is a Thomas Cook holiday its 50 per person per change. I wouldn't worry I'm sure it will be lovely.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Having a wobble...help!

I would change it The Diamond looks and feels very luxurious.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,496 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Having a wobble...help!

Hi Sue

I would read reviews for the Cornelia Diamond but you will see negatives there to ! I loved the Cornelia Deluxe but felt the Diamond was dark but the Deluxe is a bright lime green ! Lol

It is all about personal choice and what one person thinks is superb another thinks is not so wonderful !

The Barut gets so many repeat guests so they are not all wrong !

We have been spoilt now by the Maxx Royal but cannot afford to stay there to often ! The only reason I went for the Maxx Royal in January it is a great winter hotel ! So much space and good indoor entertainment venue !

Shame the Calista is not an option for you !

Edited: 21 June 2014, 12:34
scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Having a wobble...help!

None of them are 100% perfect..We loved RHP and thought the al a cartes were special...The jacuzzi and indoor pool were too cold.

The Imperial ( 2012) had the wow factor for us..think it is one of the best rooms we have stayed in.

Loved the Susesi, but can appreciate it is in now in need of a makeover.

We are looking forward to the Maxx later in year

I would like to try the Voyage( off season) maybe next year

Gloria hotels are getting good reviews , look more upmarket than most but also the price reflects this

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Having a wobble...help!

I agree, helpful to check the reviews. There was another voyage fan recently I recall that didn't enjoy the cornelia diamond as much and people do comment that it can be dark. This is why I pointed out what a voyage fan may consider a downside to the hotel, to give balanced advice.

Cornelia diamond gets lots of repeat guests too, I know this because I am one of them and now get a few extra bits and prices when I stay there.

You will probably see from my review of the barut that I really didn't enjoy it, it didn't have a Luxory feel or wow factor. People do praise the service at the barut but I think it's faultless at cornelia diamond.

Best thing would be to re-read the review for both barut and cornelia, have a look at all the photo's and decide what is best for you. We all like different things and have different priorities when it comes to holiday.

I do think that I am in a good position to advise on this one though, given I have stayed at all hotels you mention.

Good luck!

HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Having a wobble...help!

If I can help , may I say I have stayed at both and preferred the Barut Lara to the Diamond . I have stayed at many of the best hotels in Belek now .

The diamond was huge but the Staff at the Barut cared and there was a much nicer " feel " to it. In terms of luxury , the standard was slightly better at the diamond ( but NOT the customer service which let it down big time ! ) but given the choice I would opt for the BL every time .

Cont at the BL and explain what you want , I'm sure they would assist.

Hope that helps

Best regards Helen

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Having a wobble...help!

Great thread. Lots of opinions. No right or wrong answer either. It's all about personal taste.

Exactly what you should get on a forum.

Not sure it's helped you much though!

Lol