We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning - Check flight times!!

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Warning - Check flight times!!

Just been reading this thread on the Marmaris forum -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298033-i793-k75…

Terrible start to a young couples holiday!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

Hi Dscam

Oh that is awful and going to be triple checking now !

Fancy getting to the premier inn and they know nothing about it adding insult to injury!

I do usually check before leaving home !

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

Will be checking the day before then with TC after this

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:11
Nottingham
Level Contributor
854 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

I cannot express enough the importance of this. I work for Thomas Cook and we had a incident recently on a Crete flight the flight changed and the customers missed the flight. It is hard to explain how this happens when you book a Thomas Cook holiday now the tickets generate straight away and you print them off a external system because they do print straight away it could be a year in advance and you already have your tickets.

If a flight change occurs they do not ring they just send a new set of tickets to the system to be printed off. When our customers missed their flight we had the new set of tickets on the day the customers was travelling which was too late as the flight had changed from afternoon to morning so by the time opened the shop at 9 the flight had gone. Please please either check the departure the day before with the shop or have a look online the night before by looking at departures for the airport you are flying from.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

Thank you Aidloz for this advice.

Like a lot of people I always check on the Airports departures page to check my flight but was always checking to see if it had been delayed. I had no idea that flights could be changed to an earlier time at such short notice.

We fly for the first time with TC next month so will keep a good eye out for this.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

I booked my TC hol 10 months ago and the flight time has changed 4 times already, I was notified 3 times by email and once when I went into the shop, it pays to check

Stoke-on-trent...
Level Contributor
844 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

My flight times have changed for our hol to CD in November gutted because we booked and had good flight times to get there early, now we on later flights and get there much later ! also coming home later now and arriving early hours, means we both got have extra day off at work dam!

7. Re: Warning - Check flight times!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:16