We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Regnum Carya

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Live at the Regnum Carya

Had a really good journey yesterday and loving this fantastic hotel. They have thought of everything and the service is great.

To answer the questions from the previous thread the air con works fine. We asked for the rooms to be near and were given two sea view rooms next door. No problems with the temperature.

The aqua park is open 10-12 and 2-5pm., the lazy river is 10.30- 11.15 and15.45-16.30 and the wave pool is 11.30-12.00, 15.00-15.30 and 16.45-17.15

There are heated outdoor pools but I haven't had time to check that out properly yet....

That's all for now!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi again

I missed you previous posting !

Oh that sounds good for lunch and if they have the venue maybe they may re- think the opening hours of the Gusto ! Maybe you can suggest it !

The Maxx has the Oceans A la Carte menu at lunch and this becomes the Fish at night .You can have an A la Carte breakfast there but we liked the buffet ! You can have special coffee at breakfast there ! We had fish and chips in a basket there and like chunky fish fingers ! Very nice they were.

They have the Circa bar for lunch again with a great menu and cooked to order or the Bistro 21 plus the buffet !

They have adult dining at the new QIS and food at Maxiland but as a couple never checked it out.

Do you get nibbles with drinks there ? Ruffles more to the point !

Excited about the Regnum but got 4 holidays booked before it !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

By the adult pool you get a pot of cherries, bottled water, ice cold facecloth etc. on a tray. If you ask you can also get pots of nuts and crisps - ruffles!

In the bars you tend to be given a tray with three types of nuts but again if you ask they will bring ruffles as well.

Between the hotel and the beach is a path through the trees that joins one to the other. Half way down is a snack bar (serving food to people at the beach) and event area - a large outdoor stage with dance floor. Last night they held a retro night there with an 8 piece band who were very good. There have been other evening events held down there - something to look out for.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi kruzgal

It is sounding better with each post !! Ruffles to, most hotels serve those Doritios which to me taste like cardboard ! Sounds more or less like they have everything covered and just a 21 Gusto Bistro would make the difference for flexi dining !!! I suspect between you and me they are watching each other the Maxx and Regnum because the Maxx now has the coffee machines in the rooms I have noticed ! Is the bottle water in the glass bottles ? It tastes so much better from those .We even had glass bottles for the kettle.

Do they have a chocolatier bar there? Shame you so far from the Maxx or you could have nipped for a tour!

Have a great day and thanks for the daily updates !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

The Regnum only has coffee machines in the more luxury rooms. We have a kettle and coffee sticks etc. but haven't touched it once.

The water is in glass bottles in the mini bar, large bottle for use with the kettle, dining rooms, bars etc. the only exception is around the pools where it is in plastic bottles which is fair enough.

The patisserie has a range of chocolates, movenpick ice cream, pastries and a good selection of desserts, including proper cheesecake!. Our sons use it for a late breakfast which is handy.

Gusto restaurant is completely outdoors so would only work as more flexible dining during the summer concept. The Irish bar is empty most of the time and would make a good no fee 24 hour bistro, but I know that wouldn't go down well with you! Maybe they could move the draught Guinness to another bar!

Yes, some additional no fee evening dining options would be welcome and make us more likely to return, rather than looking at other options such as the Maxx. Lots of the guests clearly like to pile their plates up from the extensive buffet but we would be happy with a limited menu bistro if it meant we could sit together and be waited on. The problem with the a la cartes, in addition to the fact that you have to pay, is that they are done by cuisine so if one member of the family doesn't like Fish, Chinese etc. then it really restricts your choice.

Still a great hotel and anyone booked to come here will enjoy it I'm sure! :)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi Kruzgal

The Bistro is great especially for families where the children like burgers and Pizza but some other choices for adults ! The Irish bar was the same at the Maxx Royal, so they made it a Chocolate bar ! The Guinness is still on the same floor and then a huge bonus it is in the Horse bar !

Yes expensive when your paying with children and agree and an international would be handy with a mix of food types !

You would love the new Maxx Royal Kemer but not the price tag but it is all A la Carte dining in a food court ! No buffet there.

Enjoy your evening !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

The Maxx Royal Kemer sounds great, but the price would probably be prohibitive. I will have to look on our return. It is great that these top end hotels are being creative about the dining and not sticking with the buffet option - although lots clearly like it, it just isn't for everyone.

The Irish bar here is at the end of a long corridor past all the a la carte restaurants so gets no passing traffic, hence it is very quiet. If it was a free 21 hour bistro it would send more people that way, which might encourage them to also book an a la carte restaurant for another night as they would have to walk right past them to get to the bistro. It is on the first floor so inside only, but at least it could be a year round venue.it is probably wishful thinking!

We have spent some time on the pier over the last few days and it is really lovely - the sea breeze is very welcome during the extreme afternoon heat. There is no seaweed in the sea and the water is very warm at the moment. The sea trampoline is good fun!

I found the outdoor heated pool and it is very small - more of a plunge pool. I don't know if it is their intention to heat any other pools. Probably best to email direct if anyone needs confirmation on that.

We had lunch at the forest shack (next to the event area and nearest food to the beach). The food was very poor - only the burgers were cooked to order. Everything else was pre cooked in heated covered trays as they do in the buffet in the evening. Soggy chips anyone? There weren't many people there and I can see why. It is not the fault of the staff - the whole set up and menu is a mess. Back to gusto tomorrow!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi Kruzgal

Yes the price for two people in Sumer is mega expensive at the Maxx Kemer!

I hope that they read the forum as well as reviews as they might consider some of these points

The Maxx were pressured in to changing the Horse bar because this was like a late night venue and noise carried to rooms. I think the Regnum will adapt to how guests give feedback there to.

Have a great last day tomorrow !

Your updates have been great to follow each day!

leeds
Level Contributor
424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi Kruzgal

Think you should stay an extra week as we'll miss your updates! Lovely to have first hand info on a new hotel for those of us that have booked, thanks for taking the time to post.

Yeah Ann, ruffles!! A good omen for us lol!! I promise not to eat them all as we go first haha!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Hi Auntiewee

I cannot promise there will be any by the time you get to the Maxx Royal ! Lol

Yes it has been great reading all these updates ! Thanks kruzgal.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Live at the Regnum Carya

Thanks for all your lovely comments. As it is a new hotel, and information still a bit thin on the ground, I thought it may help some people. It has been fun!

So our last day today and a very late flight home. We have been allowed to keep one of our two rooms until 4 pm but will still have quite a gap as we don't leave the hotel until 8.30 pm. There is a luggage room so our cases will go there. There is also a lounge with changing rooms, showers ( no locks on the door) and small lockers to put valuables in while showering.

We enjoyed a meal at the a la carte Chinese last night, followed by karaoke which was interesting!

The hotel has a lot positives. The grounds are huge and there are always sunbeds available - don't know if this is because it is new and not fully booked or because there is so much space that people are spread out. It is great being able to relocate from the adult pool mid day to the aqua park, pier or beach without worrying about whether we will be able to find four sunbeds to sit on. It has never been an issue.

There seem to be a lot of staff and consequently we have found the service to be very good. The communal areas, changing rooms, toilets etc. are constantly being cleaned and are immaculate.

We have had a couple of issues (personal to us) which have coloured our view slightly but it is a very impressive resort and if you are booked to come I am sure you will have a good time ;)