We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calista Review

yorkshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Calista Review

Seen review of Calista luxury resort with incidents of fighting between guests which worries me is this something that others have encountered at other Turkish hotels is it maybe due to too much alcohol by some.Do the sun beds on the beach now have the soft toppers?,also is the buffet food hot enough or is it best to eat at the a la carte restaurants.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calista Review

WOW that was a very scary review..and by someone with many reviews..I do hope it was a blip and can be sorted out.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calista Review

Good Morning Cusie and Heblady,

I have been in the Susesi and Cornelia Diamond and again in the Delphin Imperial when it,s 'kicked off' before!

All incidents were dealt with professionally as was the on e at The Calista! I just chose not to write about them!

I,m afraid that in All Inclusive resorts !it.s always a possibility! Alcohol affects people in different ways! To be honest,if it made me aggressive,I,d stay away from it! Of course there are other issues that are involved here,but the hotels don,t want trouble!

I,m off to Calista on Tuesday and I don,t have a single concern re any trouble! Far worse happens all the time in Magaluf,Ibiza and the younger Greek Islamd resorts!

To my knowledge,the sun bed cushions are not on the beach ( far too much sand) !

As for the buffet food,we always found it a perfect temperature ,plus there is a big BBQ area outside the main Dining room where food is freshly cooked every night as an alternative to the buffet,so you can ' mix and match ' with the buffet if desired!

As I say,I will be there from Tuesday,so I will try to find out any answers to questions while I am there!

Even better,write to the CRM Denis McKenzie at the Calista and he will answer any questions very quickly and efficiently!

Happy Hols

Pat x

Manchester
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calista Review

Hi Pat

Have a great time next week , very jealous , could do with a couple of weeks in the sun myself but will just have to be content with the current sunny spell we are having at home

Have a couple of drinks for me

Take Care

Pete

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calista Review

Hi Pete,

Long time ,no speak!

Good to hear from you !

I certainly will have a couple of drinks for you at the lovely

Calista Pete! I shall toast you on the Pier Bar at Sunset!

Where are you off to thus Summer?

Pat

yorkshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Calista Review

Thanks Pat

Could you let me know if the new hotel next door is nearly finished and if noise can be heard from it,although I have seen comments that work stops for the summer but we will be there in october so may have started again.

Not been to Turkey before or all inclusive and tend to go to quieter areas of cyprus etc so not seen such problems with guests shame a few can spoil it for the majority.Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 13:16
Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calista Review

Hi Cusie,

Thanks for your good wishes.

You have made an excellent choice for your first visit to Turkey!

Of course I will let you know about any noise ( although I believe that they have to stop for the Summer) ,but I will find out if and when they start again ( I think that I read somewhere that it,s finished externally at least)

I was very surprised to hear about trouble at the Calista,but as we say,with the AI it can and sadly does happen and it is obvious that the lady reviewer had her holiday spoiled by the two incidents!

The Calista really does have an air of class about it and if you love the quitter,classier areas of Cyprus then I,m certain that you will love the Calista!

If alcohol and time permit,I may do a live report or two from there,but please let me know any questions you may have and I will do my best to find out for you

Thanks again for your kind wishes

Pat x

ps the alchohol won,t make me aggressive ,just sillier than normal ha ha

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calista Review

Have a fantastic vacation and looking forward to (possible) live review!

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calista Review

Hi Pat.

Off to the Calista on Tuesday eh, would never have known lol

I only have 288 days to go, not that I'm counting,...Oops sorry That's your saying.

Have a great holiday.

And Don't start any fights lol.

Brian.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calista Review

Hi Brian,

You don,t have to fight when you can run as fast as I can ha ha!

How on earth did you know that I was going? Ha ha

Pat

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calista Review

I took a look at that review.

It's the kids who have to watch it that I feel sorry for.

It's all about individuals and not the hotels though next week it could be at delphin, the week after at another hotel.

The Russians are aggressive just getting into lifts !!

Sooner or later I can see myself involved in some kind of incident with one of them because if they shout at your kids or worse then you just get so angry.

Anyway, in the lift at diva they give you a breakdown of nationalities staying at the Hotel.

Currently 22 per cent of guests at diva are German, 4 per cent are dutch, 3 per cent are UK, and 2.5 per cent are Russians. I thought they had more Russians at delphin than that. They are the top 4 by location. Then there are about 40 other countries represented. It's a real mix here.

When I read the calista review I looked at the pictures of the hotel. It looks like a stunning resort.

Get answers to your questions about Belek
Recent Conversations