We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
864 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews

Since I've been researching for next year I have got into the habit of reading the hotel reviews on here. I am quite saddened by the number of people who have had a bad first experience of Turkey and subsequently say they won't be back. I think we have been very lucky as, in all of our holidays to Turkey, we have had good service, good food and met some lovely people.

Cant find anywhere else that compares.

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,151 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews

Hi bonvoyagescotland

I totally agree

I think the quality we receive in Turkey is so much better than other Mediterranean resorts we've tried over the years. I used to be on British Airways staff travel so have been very fortunate to have visited a lot of places.

Maybe those that won't return to Turkey didn't do enough research and didn't choose the right area for them -

Turkey has enough to keep me happy for lots more years - can't say that about many other places

For my 50th we're planning Istanbul, Cappadocia and Belek - still got loads and loads and loads of time to plan it!

Happy Travels to all our Fellow Turkey Fans

X Angela

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews

Snap we were also on BA staff travel...been all over the world. WE love Turkey..The standards are so high

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews

We love Turkey.Have been to several other countries but cannot find any hotels that come anywhere near the hotels in Belek.So much so that despite the weather we have booked to spend Christmas there this year.

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews

This thread takes me back to about 10 years ago when I had to tell my husband that I'd booked our annual holiday but it was in Turkey! "It's not Spain," was his shocked reply. I had booked The Ephesus Princess in Kusadasi because it was very cheap (compared to Spain) and had a free child place. We had a great time as a family and the rest is, as they say, history. We've never been back to Spain for an annual holiday. We fell in love with Turkey's climate, natural beauty, people, culture, history and, of course, value for money.

As WillsySurrey says, you do have to research though because it's horses for courses. I don't think Marmaris or Hisonaru would suit us (but many people love it and return again and again) so we've not been there and there are plenty of other places that appeal to us more.

Let's hope some of those who not had a great time will give a Turkey a second chance.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews

First time I told my Husband we were going to Turkey ..he was horrified, didnt want to go. We are coming back for our 6th year..The long haul flights are too much for us now. The flight time suits us..We both love Spain and will ( hopefully) go again, different holiday...SC suits us there, and exploring.

LOVE the AI..and the high standards in Belek/Antalya...We go off season , when our work is done, much more peaceful and not too hot., I feel it is value for money

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews

We love Turkey too!

We have been for the last 4 summers, each time to a different area. Bodrum, Kusadasi, Beldibi and just got back from Belek this morning. Each place different, our favourite area so far being Beldibi, we liked Belek but I missed the mountains and clear sea.

You seem to get so much for your money with the AI hotels and they cater well for kids with water slides and kids clubs.

We keep looking elsewhere but can't find what we're looking for! We are going to Fuerturventura at easter next year but it will be a different kind of holiday.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews

Been all over Turkey now for over twenty five years an cannot imagine changing now .Used to go to places like Cyprus, Benidorm, Grand Canaria, Tenerife , Italy at the start of the year then Turkey at the back end .Now just Turkey 2/3 a year. Have had some fantastic holidays in Turkey and love the place .Settled in Belek now and it would take something extra special to drag me away from it especially the fantastic Voyage .

Peter

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews

I heart turkey, I love my holidays and thoroughly enjoy going back to belek each year

Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews

Ditto all of the above comments.! We first went to Turkey (Belek) 4 years ago, and have been back every year since. Me and a friend usually go away earlier in the year, and we have been to various Spanish islands, none of which are so all inclusive as Turkey. We went to Side this year, because we thought it wasnt worth going anywhere else for the money, and class of hotels. Me and hubby are going back to Side in October, to Barut Hemera. I do think about going to other resorts, ie Bodrum or similar, but worry that they wont be as nice as Antalya region. Anyone thinking of Turkey should definately give it a try, I'm so glad we did.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews

We did go to Bodrum.The scenery was beautiful and sea fab but hotel not up to Belek hotels but glad we tried it.Have also been to the Hemera twice.

Edited: 01 August 2014, 20:23