We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regnum or Calista

Level Contributor
140 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Regnum or Calista

So here's my dilemma but a nice one to have Calista or Regnum !!! I've been to the Calista and had probably one of my best holidays ever. I just loved the place and now having been to a different place this year which we really enjoyed it just did not compare to the Calista. I love great food and top quality drinks but I have now narrowed down the thing that makes my holiday and it's the night time entertainment. At the Calista it was world class great shows, bands and nearly every other night it had amazing parties with the most fabulous young podium dancers oh yessssss lol. Anyway has anyone been to both hotels ?? I would love the feedback if you have as I know just how good the Calista is but I also enjoy trying different hotels. We are going to go towards the end of September and the price is exactly the same for both hotels. I have spoke to Sir Dennis at the Calista and he has informed me they will still be on summer conception there which is a great bonus will the Regnum ? Anyway I look forward to your replys

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,958 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regnum or Calista

Hi Grimbo

I have only experienced the Calista for the one night and then a visit last October but feel it is a special hotel.

If the entertainment suited you there maybe you are better returning as Krazykaz said the entertainment was lacking at the Regnum Carya .I did book the Regnum for next year for two weeks while it is still in budget as it will no doubt catch up in price with the Maxx Royal.

If you did a DIY you could maybe try a week at each hotel.

I had booked the Maxx for 2 weeks in January but now changed it to 4 nights at the Regnum and 10 nights at the Maxx !,

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort
Regnum Carya Golf & Spa...
2,427 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort
Maxx Royal Belek Golf...
3,713 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
norfolk uk
Level Contributor
431 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regnum or Calista

Hi Grimbo

The hotel is stunning after the Amplitheriter show the pool bar was open but dead some parties were held in the nightclub 10.30 but on a nice evening who wants to be inside and the sound was wrong they had a good band only playing in the indoor bar for about an hour 3 times during our 10 night stay! We did speak to many staff that we were disappointed ,since leaving I have heard that some parties are held outside now I hope so because we should love to go back and enjoy some good evening atmosphere

We are looking forward to the going to the Calista in 8 weeks time sounds great the Regnum could be fabulous once it gets it's entertainment sorted out

You could email them asking what their plans are we would like to know too

I am in the middle of writing a long review so hope to get it up soon

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,958 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regnum or Calista

Hi Karen

I do think they are improving the entertainment side of the hotel now as Kruzgal mentioned this.

It takes time to get things right i suppose. The Horse bar which we love at the Maxx was redesigned so obviously they got it wrong at the start.

I contacted the Regnum as we are now going in January for the 4 days, and asked about winter entertainment and if they would have live music and she said yes. I will ask more when we go over in a few weeks time.

Yes i have been looking out for your review and look forward to it.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 08:01
Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regnum or Calista

Hi Grimbo,

At the Calista now and loving it!

ALL of the shows and parties are outside at the moment!

Haven't been to the Regnum but I,m sure that it is a great hotel

Anything you wish to know re the Calista,I,m here until Friday ( sob)

Pat x

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
hove, sussex
Level Contributor
142 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regnum or Calista

Interested in these 2 hotels for next year! Booking for October and wondered which one do you all think would have a better winter concept?? I know the Regnum has a heated pool which is a plus!!!

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regnum or Calista

romanchicks, as per my previous post in the other Calista thread, the winter concept at the Calista begins this year on 15th October. The Calista also has a heated outdoor pool but am not sure whether it will be in use during the winter concept. You may try and email Dennis at the Calista and check yourself:

crm3@calista.com.tr

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
London
Level Contributor
1 post
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regnum or Calista

Hi Grimbo,

I've been to both Calista and Regnum and would choose Calista. Yes, Regnum is nice but not on par with Calista in terms of service. Also, the beach is small and quite cramped in Regnum.

If you have any particular questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Mentioned in this post
Calista Luxury Resort
Calista Luxury Resort
1,751 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
8. Re: Regnum or Calista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 06:16