We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Family of four with 2 boys 11 & 7 and I can't decide which to book. The boys like to be close to a footy pitch and play area if possible and also would like to receive wifi in the room. The bungalows look scenic dotted around the grounds, but have read that they are quite small and not a lot of storage. Any room allocation advice would help. Not going until October half term and a little worried if it rains we may have quite a trek from some of the bungalows.........decisions decisions!!!

Thank you

Maxine

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Can't answer your question Maxine but just wanted to say we also going at October half term, we've got two girls though, 9 and 6, we from sheffield so fairly close. We in a bungalow but no idea what they are like, but in all honesty will only use it to get changed and sleep so sure will be ok. Joanne

Northampton
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Everything is quite close. We are in a bungalow room which is nice but the fourth bed is just a fold out chair which is plenty big enough for my 5 year old girl. However I am not sure a bigger boy would be happy in it. I have seen fold out beds though. I haven't been in a hotel room so can't comment.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Thanks guys for the quick replies. My boys are big for there age so might be an idea to change my booking to the hotel itself. I have booked through the hotels website which has free cancellation so think I will cancel and rebook. Might see you there Joanne!! Flying on the 26th for 9 nights.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
19 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Hi there, firstly let me tell you you have made a great choice of hotel,we have been twice,the second time being this June.There were 10 of us in our party,all family including 4 children aged 11years and 7 years.

We had 3 bungalows and were very close to Papy Land, the pools and the beach,I emailed the hotel before we went and asked for bungalows close to the beach as I know some of the bungalows are a long way back.My husband and I shared a bungalow and we were fine although storage is very limited but my son and daughter both have 2 children,they were VERY cramped.I believe the hotel rooms are much bigger but also quite a lot more expensive.

We had a FANTASTIC holiday and would not hesitate to recommend Papillon Belvil......ENJOY!!!

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

Book a hotel room. It's been a while since we were there but had a very bad experience with our room. We too had deliberated over which room to book but booked a bungalow room in the end. What we were given was basically staff quarters at the very back of the hotel down a steep slope. No balcony. We met couples happy with the bungalows and I expect we would have been too had we been given the right room but the English get completely shafted at this hotel and get given the worst rooms.

Everything else was lovely but don't take a chance on the room, book the hotel!

6. Re: Hotel room or bungalow Papillion Belvil?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2016, 05:15