We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterfly Valley

tmorga1@entergy.com
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Butterfly Valley

A little confused about Butterfly Valley - Could we walk down the steep slope by George House and then take a taxi boat back to Oludeniz? What is the best way to reach it without taking an organized boat tour.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterfly Valley

Hi there,

Yes you can walk down from George House, I would not do it myself surely!

There are boats leaving from Oludeniz to Butterfly Valley, they are like an organized tour, but you do not need to return with the same boat. If you do not though you pay twice the fare.

Faralya is beautiful!

Some pictures from Faralya and more of the area

http://www.flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/

belfast
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterfly Valley

hi vrapsody,i was looking at your photographs on flickr,some lovely shots. can you tell me how far kayakoy village is from hisaronu or fethiye?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterfly Valley

Hi there Kayaköy is located on the Fethiye peninsula. Fethiye is only 8 kilometers by short way, 14 kilometers by long way, that is over Hisarönü. And Hisarönü only 5 kilometers.

Have a great evening!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butterfly Valley

Is kayakoy the same place as ghostvillage?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butterfly Valley

Yes it is and was the inspiration for the village featured in the book Birds without wings.

İf you haven't read it then you should.İt is rather heavy going in places but the poignant story blends in so much about modern Turkish social and political history which will help you to understand the country that it is today.

6. Re: Butterfly Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations