We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fethiye Market

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Fethiye Market

Hello, my hsband and I are going to Olu Deniz for the 1st time in June and staying at the Karbel Sun. I understand there is a market on Tuesdays in Fethiye. What is the best way to get there? If by dolums where do I catch one from? How long is the journey? Do I agree a price first or just hop on? Is there a dolmus timetable I can have?

Thank you.

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fethiye Market

Hi Whiteprice, Thanks for your help. There apparantly are no buses from Lykia World so we will def have to get a taxi into Olu Deniz, how far is it from Olu to Fethiye? Would it be worth staying in the taxi or getting off in Olu and catching the Dolmus?

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fethiye Market

Olu Deniz is about 15-20 minutes in the Dolmus to Fethiye. You should if you can haggle the taxi for a good price. The ones that pass you in the street plying for hire are probably the best bet and will be open to negotiation, there are many of them. Lykia World is only a few minutes to Olu Deniz but I thought a Complex of this standing may have its own free shuttle bus.

Don't worry you will see when you get there that public transport is so easy to use and fun. Let me know if I can be of any further help, will be back there myself in next couple of months.

Best wishes

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fethiye Market

Dolmus prices are fixed and there will be a sign with prices at the terminus near the beach in Olu Deniz, but all have their tariffs on the inside, clear to see. They all have their destination in the windscreen You just jump on, if you are walking along you will know which one has space as they slow up near you or sound their horn. Flag one down. Just pile in the back and you can either pay the driver when you get out or their system is people just pass your money towards the driver and they pass your change back, it is all very honest and fun. Just shout out when you want to get off or ask the driver if you need a particular stop off point. From Karbel you can either walk pretty much along the main road outside your hotel( to the right as you face the beach) for about 2 or 3 mins towards the main highway out of Olu Deniz or walk down the hill towards the beach and walk right along the sea front and will see the Dolmus terminus about 5 - 10 mins walk depends how relaxing you walk. You will soon learn that these mini buses are avaialable up until about midnight, some a little later and they are so frequent and very cheap, probably be about 60 - 80 pence each way to Fethiye.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fethiye Market

Bumped for mummyboogiechef

Glasgow
Level Contributor
256 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fethiye Market

Cheers!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fethiye Market

Bumped up re a PM

Scotland
Level Contributor
262 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fethiye Market

Think might go to Hisaronu market instead of Fethiye as may be bit big for me and if same stuff then its all good.

Still go fish market/harbour on non-market day i think.

cheers for all info

Barry

18. Re: Fethiye Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 06:16