We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brits Abroad?

bla
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brits Abroad?

Bit late to ask this question since we are flying out tomorrow, BUT, I've read various posts about Oludeniz being a brash, overpriced "Brits abroad" type place.

This would be Yuk!

Travelling with two teenagers who will probably want to get out and about in the evening. We are booked into an AI resort (Alize) as it was the only offer we could find.

We'd like to be able to go out and have a few drinks/snacks at night and visit a few beaches without busting the bank or doing the birdie song.

Any recommendations please?

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Alize Hotel
Alize Hotel
1,637 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Montana Pine Resort
Montana Pine Resort
#24 of 130 hotels in Oludeniz
Liberty Hotels Lykia
Liberty Hotels Lykia
#31 of 130 hotels in Oludeniz
Ova Resort Hotel
Ova Resort Hotel
#6 of 23 hotels in Ovacik
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brits Abroad?

Bit late now you'll just have to suffer!

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brits Abroad?

I've never found it a brash, "Brits abroad" kind of place. That's more like a description of Hisaronu.

I wouldn't worry about it, and enjoy your holiday, which I am sure you will!

See you there, because I am too off tomorrow!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brits Abroad?

You'll HATE it, the place is awful dirty and worse than Butlins........

....hand over your tickets I'll go in your place ;) ;)

Dartford
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brits Abroad?

Im sure you will have a lovely holiday.

We are also going to the Alize on the 18th sept so please could you do a review on the hotel.

Thanks Sue

Mentioned in this post
Alize Hotel
Alize Hotel
1,637 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
bla
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brits Abroad?

Back now (worse luck...)

I loved the area. Loved it loved it loved it. I did think it was a bit pricey in Oludeniz compared to, say, Calis which is not far from there. But it's so gorgeous you can't really blame it.

Have never been to a resort with so many British people, which was a shame as it's always nice to mix with other nationalities and easier to zone out of the background chatter.

Alize was fine - didn't stay in the hotel much. Very friendly staff though and a good location.

Had a fabulous time and am a complete convert. I might try somewhere less pricey next time, but on the other hand I might just save up and go back asap.

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Calis Beach
Calis Beach
1,702 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Alize Hotel
Alize Hotel
1,637 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
6. Re: Brits Abroad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 05:18