We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

faralya

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
faralya

Hi,

Just wondered how easy it is to do a trip to faralya (either from hisaronu or olu)? .... without hiring a car... If it ends up a load of hassle I won't bother but this area looks really beautiful in the pics ...

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: faralya

Hi, you can visit it by dolmus which leaves three or four times a day from Oludeniz bus/taxi terminal. The dolmus passes Lykia world resort carries on past up the mountain and also passes Butterfly valley which you see below.

Yes it is a beautiful area with views out to Oludeniz and the sea. Don't expect much there apart from a few small eating places overlooking the sea. We drove there in May and ate there with lovely fresh food and views to die for- so was our ommlette and fish! I have also walked this in the past.

There may be a chance you are talking about Butterfly valley which is almost below Faralya, this can be accessed by boat from Oludeniz beach, either a dedicated trip or as part of a boat trip (1 hour) that also covers other stops.

http://thebutterflyvalley.blogspot.com/

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: faralya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXM0Rc-v3TA

nice little clip and shows that within a very short boat trip from the 'hustle and bustle' paradise can be found.

Places like this are numerous it just takes that little bit of effort.

Even further down the coast is Kabak, just the same but even quieter again.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: faralya

Codfather,is the walk accessible or does it involve climbing up/down cliffs or waterfall?

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: faralya

Faralya is walkable, butterfly valley is accesible by boat only or climbing down if you are capable, experienced and obviously fit enough.

I can't recommend climbing as it obviously involves risk -therefore I would suggest a dedicated boat trip.

Poole England
Level Contributor
130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: faralya

Hi Codfather

Is it possible to do Faralya and Kabak by dolmus, walk, dolmus in one day (in October!) or vice versa?? Which would be the best? - bearing in mind the hills!!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: faralya

Thanks Codfather! i was planning on doing the boat trip from Olu Deniz separate from the Faralya trip, so i think i will take the bus from Olu bus terminal as you suggsted. Is it clear where i should get off the bus?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: faralya

Faralya is actually signposted as Uzunyurt and it'll be obvious when you get there. You'll turn inland and then get a fantastic view across the top of Butterfly Valley as the dolmus continues around the top of the "bowl".

I'd suggest that you get off at Faralya / Uzunyurt and walk back to Ovacik along the Lycian Way. Allow about 4 hours for that.

Save a visit to Kabak for another day and perhaps you could take a walk from there up to Alinca and back.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: faralya

www.butterflyvalley.biz/map-faralya.html

KKOB got that covered and here's a few more links.

travelsinparadise.com/turkey/…kabak.html

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: faralya

I don't fancy a 4 hour walk..... how frequent are the buses and how long is the journey?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
424 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: faralya

We caught a dolmus in Olu Deniz at 11.30am took about half an hour to our destination, Faralya Hotel. Had a wonderful lunch and relaxed by the pool which is a good size and then caught dolmus back at 5.30pm