We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

received a letter today from Nationwide saying that between June and September they will be replacing existing cards with new ones.

These new cards CANNOT be used to withdraw cash overseas, so we will no longer benefit from free cash withdrawals in Turkey.

If you are lucky enough to be going away before you get a new card make the most of it!!!!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

Thanks for the warning. I've just received my statement but didn't bother reading the other bumph in with it.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

I've been reading on another site that the changes only affect the Cashcard not the VISA card. I hope that's correct as I haven't had any notification of changes and there is nothing on the Nationwide site either.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

Thats right, Card Cash Account and Flex Account are affected. Anyone like me, who opened an account just to benefit from free cash withdrawals will just have one of these basic accounts.

scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

I only opened a nationwide account for saving for holidays and when i saw ur post i contacted my branch! My account is a flex account and is not effected by this change it is cards which do not have a chip and pin and can only be used 2 withdraw cash from either over the counter or in atm machines which are effected!!

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

If you go All Inclusive you dont have to worry about withdrawing loads of money.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

I posted this thread in good faith upon receiving a letter from Nationwide. The information given in this letter says that Cash Card account and Flex Account customers with a cash card are affected. It also says that it will not be possible to withdraw money from cash machines abroad.

If anyone knows where I can get an AI holiday for 4 adults for a fortnight for less than £2000 including trips (in school holidays) and shopping then please let me know!

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

http://www.onthebeach.co.uk/process

As requested

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

luvturkey,

You're posting is greatly appreciated. I'd far rather be given information that proves to be less bad than feared, than not be given information that has the potential to screw a holiday very badly indeed.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

luvturkey, thankyou for posting this info. I can also confirm that it is only Cash Card holders that will be affected, I emailed Nationwide in a panic and they quickly replied to the effect that my account would not be affected.

<quote>I confirm that there will

be no change to your debit card use, it is only cash card accounts that

will be changing.<quote>

No comfort for those who will lose out, but some comfort for others of us.

Sue

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changes To Nationwide Flex Account

Thanks Keith and Sue x

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz