We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking accomadation and flights separately

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
booking accomadation and flights separately

Hi. how safe is booking accomadation, flights and transfers on your own.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

In Reverse order.

Transfers, book a company that will accept payment locally, there is no need to pay up front, we always use

tinyakropol.com

All arrangements can be done via email, so therefore very safe.

Accommodation, As long as its booking a hotel that has had good feedback from many people over a long period, and not just first time posters, then it should be no problem at all, after you have done this a couple of times it can be the case that a hotel will not even require a deposit. As for payment, never pay everything up front, only a deposit, and where possible use a credit card to give yourself that extra bit of security.

Flights, you have virtually the same guarantees as you would booking through a travel agent, again use credit card for extra security. Bad bit is most flight only deals will require full payment when booking.

I have lost count of the times we have booked everything on line, and have never had any problem.

barnsley
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

this is the first time we have booked a package. we have always booked separate & never had a problem just check feedback from other travellers

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

FF has summed it up.

Use your plastic to secure bookings for security and withdraw monies from the local main banks.i.e. HSBC when in China

Carry 2 - 3 cards as one may get rejected in a cash machine for an understanderable reason which when you ring the bank next day day never happened so it has been explained to me if the machine cannot connect with the UK your card will automatically be rejected even if plenty in the account.

Always have a small amout of currency.

Have done America, Canada,China and lost count of place numbers in Europe.

To date turning up got on all flights and hotels have had reservations.

Use locally taxis (what a suprise) or trains on longer journeys

What the the worst thing that has happened is my cards have been cloned 3 times altogether but only once travelling and using a worldwide chain of hotels (speaking to my customers it usually casual employers in large hotels). My bank (love them) puts money back in account within days.

Just to remember for security use your plastic whether you want to or not and have adequate medical insurance.

My 3 kids are learning 2 having done South America and used some dodgy places.

Good airlines will get misrouted bagage to you (well done Iberia) within a couple of days even in deapest S America even if it was faulty ticketing by Britains favourite airline.

Once you have done it there will be no stopping you

How many languages do I speak only the one, cannot even understand the Scottish I take to Stansted. Sorry FF.

Edited: 13 March 2010, 22:08
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

No problems for me so far in all my journeys and my mums actually doing it herself for a May trip (I'll be double checking everything!) and will be using tinyakropol for the transfers for reliability and general help.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

The suggestion about carrying more than one debit/credit card is a good one, particularly if you bank with Lloyds. I used to inform them before travelling abroad until they said it wouldn't make any difference as the decision to refuse the card is an automatic process. They apparently have no way of setting a flag on the system to indicate that you are actually planning to use it abroad.

The person I spoke to tried to reassure me by saying the card would only be blocked if unusual usage patterns were noticed. When I said "Wouldn't usage abroad be flagged as 'usual'?" they said it probably would!!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

Yes a very good point from Cabby about the debit/credit cards.

Cabby you will probably get more tips if you learn some Scottish, and are you sure they wanted to go to Stanstead...................

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

If they put luggage in the boot I take them to Stansted as I get more that way than taking them to the local station.

Dont take me wrong FF as far as the scottish go some of you have to go back or stay at home or there will not be anyone left to distill my water.

The only tips I get is drink more whisky

Edited: 14 March 2010, 18:45
Hisaronu, Turkey
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

its sometimes lot better to book everythin seprately also you do watever you wanan do if you wanna book a hotel look for www.yalcinhotel.com its right in town jus t a 2 mins walk from center great location,small and friendly hotel im sure you will have a good holiday for your transfer and your trips would recommend you the tiny akropol yavuz will do your best for you and its guranteed you will have a great service from him check his website www.tinyakropol.com have a great holiday

9. Re: booking accomadation and flights separately

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 06:15